Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    What causes these kinds of nonsensical paranoias, and how does one go about remedying them?
    Some of them are based in natural, primitive fears which are loosely covered by imaginary constructs.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I should take a picture of my backyard one day. I sometimes walk out here, and I get so scared I freeze a moment, then rush back inside.. THe tree is spiney, and a swing with a ripped cloth roof has halloween-esque tatters flowing in the wind, the red barn-like shed is broken and leaning on its last leg and looks SO creepy..

I sometimes wake up thinking someone is going to be in my room with me. .. I keep a knife underneath my stuffed animal when I sleep at all times.

That a serial killer is laying in the backseat of my car when I'm driving. I always check my car. And anyone else's im about to get into. ALWAYS. and I'll never tint my windows either for that reason.

That someone will attack me when I'm filling up gas in my car. I'm constantly looking around and I take very accurate accounts of who's there and where they are.

I sometimes think dinosaurs might jump through my windows.. I'm not joking about this one either

When I'm at the beach, I think somethings going to eat me, or grab me with a tentacle or something and pull me down and eat me alive No preventing that though except not swimming. And thats boring.

I have lots of others but.. these are off the top of my head.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I have a fear of getting a paper cut on my eye. Seriously, just thinking about it, I'm literally squirming.

I'm always afraid that someone/something is standing beside my bed when I sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

my only paranoia exists in video games.
    especially if i'm drunk, playing a game like metroid in a dark room [an old hobby of mine, long since passed].

the fear is of my character getting swallowed up by some monster that i was unaware of.
    that, or something similar has happened in a few games, and only ever once per game; i'm not one to often make the same mistake twice.

but it's happened just enough that i'm conditioned to always be wary there's some looming obstacle waiting for the right moment to trample me, or eat me, or deny me access to a castle i need to get into because the item i need to trade with the guy at the bridge is in that town.

shit like that always happens after i've gotten a lot of stuff done and haven't saved in a long time.

even in games i know they're not going to do it with [like super mario] my skin still starts to crawl as soon as i've made any kind of substantial advancement and doesn't stop until i save.

goddamn video games.
    fuckin' video games grr...
    we fukin won boys

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Kids and dogs, when left alone. I suppose it's not so much a paranoia more than a "I don't trust these small creatures and must keep an eye out, before they drown in a mudpuddle or whatever.".

When I was young I was totally paranoid of being eating alive by furballs with teeth. But that was related to the movie I had seen, at a much too young age. And that paranoia stopped when I was 12ish.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Paranoia is psychological preparation to attack.

As the paranoid hide their socially unacceptable aggression from themselves and project it onto the world.

Just be very careful when they are projecting it onto you, as you may well be subject to attack.

MBTI
    infp

I`m afraid to let my foot dangle of the bed. I always imagine something/someone might grab it. Similarly, also that a shark might chew on it while I`m swimming.

When I was little and sometimes thought I saw unusually shaped shadows (there was a velociraptor instead of a chair once), hear "strange" sounds at night, I`d wrap myself in the blanket, so that only a part of my head was showing.

I still do that sometimes, but mostly I just tell myself if there really was something there, a blanket wouldn`t really pose a challenge.
    .:"Claude os, aperi oculos.":.

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless, you have to hope even harder and cover your ears and go 'lalalalalalala'"- Fry (Futurama)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Paranoia is psychological preparation to attack.

As the paranoid hide their socially unacceptable aggression from themselves and project it onto the world.

Just be very careful when they are projecting it onto you, as you may well be subject to attack.
    Well luckily I'm not particularly threatening, so I don't think too many people will be paranoid of me lurking under the bed ready to bite off noses...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

In the dorm restrooms the showers were to your back whenever you were washing your face in the sink... I had the habit of always washing my face and brushing my teeth before going to bed no matter how late I'd gotten in

It had occurred to me straight off that if I really wished to kill someone it would be easy to lurk in the showers until they were washing thier face and then sneak out and get them (I know, I'm psycho )

Then it occurred to me that if I could think that up someone else could as well... I spent the rest of the year paranoid that someone was going to get me when I was washing my face at night
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

Paper cuts.
    The closet door being open at night.
    Navigating darkness inside a house.