User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Default Types Falling From Trees

Simple Question: Is there a type that seems "over-represented" in your school, workplace, community, circle of friends, etc. compared to statistical projections?

I know there are a variety of statistics on 'type frequency' and at least one specifically for the US, but feel free to quote other sources.

(And yes, I'm aware there are *similar* threads on the forum, but NONE that ask this specific question, just mentioning this to cover my modding behind)

I was inspired originally to make this the "ENFPs falling from trees" thread but lest there be any hating on "yet another ENFP" thread, I decided to add INTPs into the mix. Har har har.

Meaning, this thread was spurred by the realization that there are waaaaaay more ENFPs and INTPs that I know than statistically likely. Test confirmed ENFPs (okay, I'm counting Facebook tests here, I know, shoot me) practically fall from freaking trees around me! I don't feel special anymore, mang! And I run into a looooot of INFPs. (Okay, I know some INFP members have stated their skepticism that INFPs are really as frequently encountered irl as people think and are mistyped.) Maybe going to a liberal arts college tipped the scales and started that trend? Har har har, again.

So I'd love to hear your own observations of "over represented types" in your rl and observations as to why this may be the case. And in my case, am I doing "statistics" wrong, online typing tests suck, or am I just noticing certain types more so they seem 'over represented?' I've heard from certain other members say they seem to know an awful lot of XXXX type and I wonder if there is something to that in terms of natural laws of 'type attraction' or whatnot or it's just coincidence or misinterpretation.

Look forward to your input!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

At work, a lot of istj, estj, isfj, intp. Some entj, entp, estp. rare intj, esfp

I don't know any istp or infj irl.
    Last edited by highlander; 02-16-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I am close to my family which include all almost Ns for my immediate fam (mom who I am closest to however is an s). Most of my friends/acquaintances fall into the general statistical projections with a light emphasis on Ps.

P.S. When I first saw this thread I thought it was going to be a survey of what types fall out of trees the most. Well I have fell out of more than my fair share.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Cool thread idea!

I think my circle of friends is probably heavily weighted to the NFP. This is probably because I hang around with a lot of social workers.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I know an abnormal number of NTJs to my credit for having this misfortune though, I hung out with a lot of math and science majors in college!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

I worked at an accounting firm right out of school, and now I do audit for a large mutual fund company. I'm surrounded by fellow xSTJ the most, and I've met other types as well.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Yeh, I'm politically active, and it's fucking full of NTJ's, with NTP's coming in second.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

The hard working, good, whiny, squeeky-voiced and dull type that lacks social skills. No fun.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    The hard working, good, whiny, squeeky-voiced and dull type that lacks social skills. No fun.
    Where do you work?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

for friends, probably mostly SPs and NPs. I don't think I'm actual friends with any SFJs.

at work and school I hardly get to know anybody. Managers strike me as SJs though, go figure!