User Tag List

First 12345 Last

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Jeez, can't ANYBODY here recognize a straight line when they see it?

You're supposed to say "I dunno, I never Zergled!"

(It's my effort to help the poor fellow feel noticed.)

Mouse, you're out of the drawers now? I'm not sure how that's supposed to make him feel better. But Zergling, feeling better??

cafe: ooh. I'm still trying to reconcile that picture of you with a bitch. 0_o But you'll still be nice, right. .

rundvardh: would she have red hair, green eyes. . . and long whiskers?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    cafe: ooh. I'm still trying to reconcile that picture of you with a bitch. 0_o But you'll still be nice, right. .
    I usually only get that way when I need something for my kid(s) and I've already tried the nice way and exhausted all the other options I know of or when someone gets that way with me first. I've started fighting back.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I usually only get that way when I need something for my kid(s) and I've already tried the nice way and exhausted all the other options I know of or when someone gets that way with me first. I've started fighting back.
    you go, girl. maybe I should amend my wishlist to add be more too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Mouse, you're out of the drawers now? I'm not sure how that's supposed to make him feel better. But Zergling, feeling better??
    The annoyance comes from, again and again one here, seeing stuff I post get swallowed up in some thread with, say, Ivy and someone else bounding stuff back and fourth about kids, while it gets no response. This is despite it seeming no more complicated or particularly odd or different compared to other stuff people have written, and despite being one of the earlier people, here, which would appear to produce some familiarity with a good chunk of people.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    The annoyance comes from, again and again one here, seeing stuff I post get swallowed up in some thread with, say, Ivy and someone else bounding stuff back and fourth about kids, while it gets no response. This is despite it seeming no more complicated or particularly odd or different compared to other stuff people have written, and despite being one of the earlier people, here, which would appear to produce some familiarity with a good chunk of people.
    I'm not thinking of much to say here that doesn't sound trite or patronizing. Anyway, I'm sorry you've been ignored. I'm trying to think of why that might happen, because there's nothing wrong or dumb or boring about your posts- maybe there just aren't as many verbal toeholds for responses, so to speak.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    I went through some of your earlier posts before writing this (You've got an ENTP to focus. )

Your posts are very clear and in a sense, does not create much to respond to ("verbal toeholds" haha, I'm going to try find a way to use that!). The posts which tend to generate responses are open-ended ones vs close-ended? In a positive light, it could mean folks agree with your posts, or they disagree but find no way to challenge back. 'Tis perhaps more communication styles - who, where, how, why generate open ended. . should, would, could, I think, tend to generate closed statements. . .

I'm new here, but I doubt that your posts are not read and not valued, just because you do not get a feedback, is it?

I've derailed my own thread again.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

rundvardh: would she have red hair, green eyes. . . and long whiskers?
    red hair and green eyes...

*sigh*... I'm a bad kitty...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

1) What is the most important thing you've learnt this year ?
    That I should be less trusting of people, just like everybody kept repeating me for 20 years. Still I hope to have forgotten the lesson soon.

2) What's the one thing you would you do differently next year.
    Dedicate more time to sports, I miss it.

3) And all you'd want for Christmas, is . . ?
    A new bike would be awesome, lol

MBTI
    ISTP

I've learnt that I have been lazy most of my life, focusing only on knowing and not doing. I learnt that I have held myself back because of my lack of discipline... I learnt that to move forward, one needs to do more than internally decide something - you need to put it out in in public.

I've learnt that finding the right person teaches you more about yourself than a decade of library time in the psych section. And I've learnt that we all change, down to our core, after a deep pair bonding. Reading that isn't even close to the same as really having it happen.

Give up the things that don't benefit me... finding balance in my life. I'd like to expand my friendships... I'd like to work on some personal projects, take up a sport and not be tired at the end of the day... I'd like to actually finish courses once in a while, to move forward.

Mostly, however, I will continue to refocus my efforts to turn the intangible into tangible advantages, to move forward. To do more than want - to actually reach and move beyond my goals.

Nothing... if I want something, I go and get it. I suppose all I really want is spend the day with the one I love, see my family and spend a few hours contemplating life.

Oh, and maybe an electric keyboard... because I feel like playing the piano right now. But I'll get that after I move anyway, so... meh.

No big revelations in 2007, did that in 2005-06

Get a job :P

Hookers