User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Smile I wish I could prefer Introversion

Oh how that would be great, simply because the preference for introversion seem so much wiser in this day and age than extraversion. We already have enough junk to filter through.

I wonder why people desire the extraverted attitude so much?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP

Predominance != Desirability

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'd argue the opposite. There seems to be a lot of economic and social value in the ability to network, and have an effect on others. An extrovert should find this to be both easier and more enjoyable than their introverted counterparts.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Extraverts are easy to manipulate.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Introverted people prefer introversion. Extraverted people prefer extraversion. That's how it works. If you're not happy with your intro/extraversion, then you need to re-organise your life so you can be happy with who you are. Because changing your intro/extraversion will most likely be a very unwise descision and just makes things worse for you.

I'd argue the opposite. There seems to be a lot of economic and social value in the ability to network, and have an effect on others. An extrovert should find this to be both easier and more enjoyable than their introverted counterparts.
    Though this is mostly true. It doesn't take away that an introvert does not have these capabilities at their disposal. Introverts will just have to limit their usage of these capabilities as to not wear themselves out, and allow a part of their day to be theirs and theirs alone.

Often it's not that much of a sacrifice since the experiences gained fuel the introverted person in many other ways.

On the other side of the spectrum, an extravert trying to live in an introverted world will probably go insane. So we introverts have a leg up on those extraverts, in that we can sample their life without permanent brain damage. Whereas they can not in ours without leaving self-conflicted.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Introversion lets you connect with the essence that is yourself. It's truly a gift from the gods(<--metaphor).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Predominance != Desirability
    You're right, they are different. People do desire extraversion... but maybe it's because the dictionary meaning overides the MBTI meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Introverted people prefer introversion. Extraverted people prefer extraversion. That's how it works. If you're not happy with your intro/extraversion, then you need to re-organise your life so you can be happy with who you are. Because changing your intro/extraversion will most likely be a very unwise descision and just makes things worse for you.
    You'd think that it would create balance. Sure, you might not be number one at being an extravert, but you don't suffer from all of it's nasty side effects.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    On the other side of the spectrum, an extravert trying to live in an introverted world will probably go insane. So we introverts have a leg up on those extraverts, in that we can sample their life without permanent brain damage. Whereas they can not in ours without leaving self-conflicted.
    You'd think that the effect would be even? I mean, I don't think I'm insane...
    5 3 9

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    You'd think that the effect would be even? I mean, I don't think I'm insane...
    Well, maybe a better way at looking at introversion and extraversion, is not looking at it like they are two sides of the same stick.

In most ways, introverted people are just 'less extraverted people. But it's more that the null line is in front of introversion. And every bit away from the null line you get a little more extraverted. Instead of imagining a null line inbetween introversion and extraversion.

So there's not really a balance to speak off between introversion and extraversion.

But it's all about how much time you want to spend alone, and how much time you like to spend among people. And finding the right balance between that. Not withstanding the zillion other factors of how you like to spend your time alone, or with other people, and with which people, etc, yada, yada.

So the balance is about how you wish to spend your time.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Introversion is good for school settings
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp