User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Would you care if they couldn't, or you at least believed that they couldn't?
    I would never believe that.

Look, the office next to mine is occupied by one very flamboyant gay man. He comments about what I wear every single day. He thinks that I dress better than everyone he knows, including himself. So jealously creates a situation wherein he would not only notice such a fashion faux-pas, he would attempt to attack me in order to feel better about himself.

. . . And he's not the only one. People seek flaws in me no matter how small they might be - or non-existent, really - in order to feel less inferior. Most fail, of course. But others would use your sock scenario to lift their spirits to a level that would make me uncomfortable. And I would never willingly facilitate such a situation.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Nope. Most times I just grab two random socks and put them on. Even if people can see them, it's an interesting conversation starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I would never believe that.

Look, the office next to mine is occupied by one very flamboyant gay man. He comments about what I wear every single day. He thinks that I dress better than everyone he knows, including himself. So jealously creates a situation wherein he would not only notice such a fashion faux-pas, he would attempt to attack me in order to feel better about himself.

. . . And he's not the only one. People seek flaws in me no matter how small they might be - or non-existent, really - in order to feel less inferior. Most fail, of course. But others would use your sock scenario to lift their spirits to a level that would make me uncomfortable. And I would never willingly facilitate such a situation.
    I'd never intentionally wear mismatched socks if I thought people could see them, much less a group of competitive co-workers. I understand what you're saying. Then again, it'd be interesting, having someone's self-esteem soar through the roof over matching Gold Toes.

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Nope. Most times I just grab two random socks and put them on. Even if people can see them, it's an interesting conversation starter.
    I like that attitude Steph. I need some of that.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I sure do, I've got to have matching socks but I dont care if the socks and under wear dont match.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Sometimes i care, but i tend to have different length socks so feeling too asymmetrical is odd.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENTP

i match socks with matches.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I do.

It feels weird when I'm wearing mismatching socks. You can tell by texture.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I care. It's not because other people would notice - I notice.
    I pair them when I put them in the laundry, and pair them again when I take them off the clothes line. No problem, because it's a routine.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Matching socks are not important. Sometimes I only wear one sock, depending on how little I care.

I'm a sock rebel.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

I generally care, but mostly because I'm wondering about how I paired two mismatching socks in the first place and where their mates are. Also, I can feel the difference sometimes. The height, thickness, texture, etc. should always be uniform, otherwise my feet 'bother' me all day. It has less to do with vanity than with the fact that mismatching my socks personally irritates me.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!