User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Say something nice about someone you clash with

I'm embarrassed to say that I got the idea for this thread in church this morning. The sermon was about looking for the light in others, even (especially!) the others we clash with. The people who get us the most riled up probably have some very admirable qualities, too. Their admirable qualities might even be related to what riles us up (their passion, focus, logic, etc). I tell my children that people's best qualities are the flip-sides of their flaws, so often turning what you perceive to be a flaw over on its head can help you find the good in someone. This thread is for acknowledging those things about the people with whom we have clashed.

Guidelines: though it's okay to acknowledge past clashes, please leave out passive aggression and backhanded compliments. If you don't have anything straightforward and positive to say, say it somewhere else or not at all. If oblique insults end up in here they'll be removed. Big sister is watching you.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

EnFpFer: I admire your passion and your love for your kids and all kids. I admire that you're committed to respecting them as fully human and are willing to speak what's on your heart to encourage others to do the same.

aprodite_gone_awry: I appreciate the work you do helping women bring babies into the world peacefully and positively. I couldn't have had the beautiful birthing experiences I've had without midwives to help me. And I like your impish spirit.

Glad you two are on the forum, sincerely. That we clash does not mean we can't also recognize the good in each other.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Jennifer- I respect you enough to challenge you and I greatly appreciate it when you challenge me. I have so much affection for you. I also admire your ability to reach out to people emotionally, a trait I don't so much share. Hence this thread.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Ivy-You've got an an amazing presence; an energy about you that's strong and definite. I admire that about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    EnFpFer: I admire your passion and your love for your kids and all kids. I admire that you're committed to respecting them as fully human and are willing to speak what's on your heart to encourage others to do the same.
    I appreciate that.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Sniffles

Well Ivy, we've clashed before too and despite our different perspectives, on a more personal level we seem to see more eye to eye. I always enjoyed our private discussions on different matters and I proudly say you're a good woman.

MBTI
    INTj

*draws a blank*
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Peg... We've disagreed on religious perspectives from time to time, but I hold you in high regard and take your posts seriously. You think well. And while I tend to recall concepts better than details even after I've read them (my mind automatically conceptualizes things), I've always appreciated your ability to pull up actual detailed source to explain your thinking and I've learned new things from your posts/references. It might sound like a weird compliment, but I take your ideas on an issue seriously.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

visaisahero:

You've got issues, man. Delusions of grandeur aside, you're really intelligent, charming, handsome, not to mention witty and an absolute hit with the ladies! You're a cool guy.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Peg... We've disagreed on religious perspectives from time to time, but I hold you in high regard and take your posts seriously. You think well. And while I tend to recall concepts better than details even after I've read them (my mind automatically conceptualizes things), I've always appreciated your ability to pull up actual detailed source to explain your thinking and I've learned new things from your posts/references. It might sound like a weird compliment, but I take your ideas on an issue seriously.
    I have respect for you as well.

MBTI
    INFP

I had such high hopes for this thread.

LittleLinguist -- It probably has come across that I don't like you, but that's just how I communicate. I enjoy reading your lively, spontaneous posts.