User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Default Valentine's day sucks.

Just saying.

Seriously, if yeu DON'T have someone special, it'll just make yeu feel down, worse if they're dead or away or whotever.

If yeu DO have someone, yeu're basically saying yeu only have to show yeu care one day of the year... if yeu do something nice frequently then yeu're expected to do something really extravagant yeu probably can't afford...

I dunno, the whole holiday just seems like suck to me. I shouldn't need an excuse to show someone I care. I don't like to flaunt relationships either; they're private, so I see no reason to show such in public either. And for the years I've not had anyone it's just a stronger emphasis on loneliness.

So WTH do we even still have this horrible excuse for a holiday since it really benefits noone, other than the shallow wanna-be romantics?

:steam:

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    If yeu DO have someone, yeu're basically saying yeu only have to show yeu care one day of the year... if yeu do something nice frequently then yeu're expected to do something really extravagant yeu probably can't afford...
    No.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Does it make you feel better that a massacre occured on this day in history?

Saint Valentine's Day massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Never liked it.
    Oh yeah?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

So WTH do we even still have this horrible excuse for a holiday since it really benefits noone, other than the shallow wanna-be romantics?

It benefits someone all right... The greeting card companies, the restaurants who 'run specials' for the "holiday". Generally whatever businesses cater to poor suckers trying to impress, or show how much they care about a woman...

It benefits the women who expect to be bought expensive...jewelry, meals...whatever, when they act like they care about a guy as more than a friend.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Just saying.

Seriously, if yeu DON'T have someone special, it'll just make yeu feel down, worse if they're dead or away or whotever.

I dunno, the whole holiday just seems like suck to me. I shouldn't need an excuse to show someone I care. I don't like to flaunt relationships either; they're private, so I see no reason to show such in public either. And for the years I've not had anyone it's just a stronger emphasis on loneliness.

I am so sick of this attitude. No one says you have to do shit but don't get all pissy at the rest of us because we do. You like your relationships to be private? So do I but I'm not so wounded as to not hold my husbands hand when we walk somewhere or to shun the occasional kiss from him on the street because OMG someone will see! We're not all wanna be romantics because we celebrate a Hallmark holiday. ENFJ man is romance on steroids. He needs a big outlet once a year.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Does it make you feel better that a massacre occured on this day in history?

Saint Valentine's Day massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It makes me smile. Massacres always do.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm single for a fair few V days, but I still like the concepts of marking it out and just taking a little time.

Abotu 10 years ago, I was reading one of my weirdo hippie chick things (I'm so not a crusty).... a book a runis, sadly I was also reading 3 other books at the same time so I can't find the bit that inspired me so...

It was talking about men expressing their love in the days before material-ness, when feild flowers and the likes were given to mark their love for their ladies....

Women ought to be cherrished, it's right up there in the vows... a fair few men need reminding to cherrish their women, very many don't know how to do just that... so it might be a wee bit cheesy but it's more cheesecake, the only harm it really does is to make you fat

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Good thing I like cheesecake
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

heart on fire

It's a good excuse to buy a cake and fry a steak.