User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I never notice Valentines day, along with all the other silly'ish holidays. Then people everywhere are like HAPPY VALENTINES DAY or something and I'm just like huh? oh yeah uhh thanks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I didn't want to force you in a box, why would I? I just tried to compare your style to those ENTJs I know IRL (precisely two of them) and those I've met here. I didn't really see TeNi in your contributions, then again, I'm not an expert and sorry if I was being impolite in any way.

I can accept this, though it has nothing to do with my last post. Not being cynical about love != "loving all the traditional holidays which remain in the popular psyche". I think you are also prone to generalisations, watch out.
    well as they say: cynicism is just failed idealism (therefore F's might be more likely to be cynical about love???)

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I didn't want to force you in a box, why would I? I just tried to compare your style to those ENTJs I know IRL (precisely two of them) and those I've met here. I didn't really see TeNi in your contributions, then again, I'm not an expert and sorry if I was being impolite in any way.

I can accept this, though it has nothing to do with my last post. Not being cynical about love != "loving all the traditional holidays which remain in the popular psyche". I think you are also prone to generalisations, watch out.

But it is! Dont you see? If you say you love something are you expressing a thought or a feeling? How can you tell from typing alone?

I've got some affinity with ideology which values tradition, including holidays like Valentines day, that was one point I was trying to make, the point about not being cynical about love was a seperate one to do with what I believe IS alienating about the day as commercial occasion.

What do you mean watch out? I do make generalisations, I see them as different from stereotypes though. That discussion has been had in another thread. I wasnt suggesting impolite, I dont understand the tendency of people to analyse peoples posts and reach conclusions about them and then seek to persuade them of the point. That to me is behaviour I wouldnt associate with xNTJ but people differ on the point and they're free to.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

5 Ways To Get Through Valentine's Day Without Looking Like A Total Jerk - ValentinesDay - Jezebel

Highlights:

2. Embrace It: Singles Edition: While the anti-Valentine's day train has been parked at the station for the past decade or so, perhaps its time to just embrace everything stupid and corporate and annoying about the holiday in a different way. Sure, you can still hate Valentine's Day and all it stands for, but there are only so many times one can burn letters and rip pictures before the endeavor becomes a bit sad, no? Instead, throw a Romantic Comedy Cliche party, and invite everyone to show up in character as a high-powered magazine editor with a designer wardrobe (just get a t-shirt and write "Dior" on it) who can't seem to get lucky in love. Then get drunk (on wine or Cosmos, of course), sing Motown songs into a hairbrush, watch the worst romantic comedies ever, and be happy knowing that as shitty as your love life might be at times, it's nowhere near as dumb and formulaic as that of every character Kate Hudson has ever played aside from Penny Lane (and even then, kind of, you know?). The point is to celebrate love, your friends, and your future. And also to get a bit trashed and laugh, a lot. Valentine's Day shouldn't be about dwelling on your past—it shouldn't be about ANYTHING, really—so why not just have fun with the goofiness of it all?
    3. Embrace It: Couples Edition: Yeah, it's dumb. And yeah, you guys are way past professing your love for one another with cards and balloons, because you do that shit everyday, with words and actions, like adults should. You're above it. You're beyond it. And you don't want to deal with making reservations and sitting in restaurants with 17-year-olds hoping to get laid after whipping out their parents' credit cards to impress their dates. That's fine. But as Brian noted: "What's so wrong about expressing the love one has for his partner? It's rare and wonderful to find someone to share one's life with, and surviving the daily silent tug of war of a relationship shouldn't go by unnoticed." Flowers and candy and a dumb card aren't the most terrible things in the world. And if that's still too gross and corporate and backwards and patriarchal and altogether icky, just steal some pink cupcakes from your office party (the ones with the cinnamon hearts on them) and split them together with a bottle of gin while watching a dumb movie together on the couch. Sometimes the best dates are the simplest ones.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

When I'm with someone, I'm down to get all dressed up and have a groovy time, when I'm not, I really don't think much about it at all.

Being lonely, or feeling lonely, at least in the existential sense is pretty much a day to day thing, so, that being said, I guess Valentine's day is just another day when you *might* feel all alone in the universe.

Feeling/beeing lonely sucks.

One of the hardest aspects to deal with regarding life. :/
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    STUF

Why the fuck does one arbitrary day matter so much to you people? You're alone every other day, too, deal with it.
    Whoops.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselephant View Post
    Why the fuck does one arbitrary day matter so much to you people? You're alone every other day, too, deal with it.
    I think it's a case of "The only kid in class to never get a Valentine".
    I would've sent you all Powerpuff Girl Valentines . I was damn cool like that.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    AHH!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Thank you for finding me the link.
    Am I...the only person here who finds that explanation absolutely ludicrous? I just...*sigh*. If you read everyone's post, you will come across 'you' everyday, so there's no excuse to say the other spelling is ingrained in her memory, the correct one should be just as ingrained if she's reading our posts. It's like that five year old who insists on wearing his superman cape everywhere, everyday. Except..she's not 5, and should probably know better.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    Am I...the only person here who finds that explanation absolutely ludicrous? I just...*sigh*. If you read everyone's post, you will come across 'you' everyday, so there's no excuse to say the other spelling is ingrained in her memory, the correct one should be just as ingrained if she's reading our posts. It's like that five year old who insists on wearing his superman cape everywhere, everyday. Except..she's not 5, and should probably know better.
    You're not. I was going to say that it is one of the reasons i can't take certain people seriously, but i bit my tongue momentarily. The persistence of it and the determination to write a lengthy explanation made it more baffling to me .
    I would never prefer being read as uneducated (or to need an explanation attachment), but to each their own... i guess. I'll just go twitch in the corner and try not to be such a word nazi.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    Thank you for finding me the link.
    Does it really bother you that much?

You also seemed to miss her point entirely.