User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who misses Sona?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do! The forum's not as good with him gone!

    17 36.96%
  • Not me! If that loser never comes back it'll be too soon!

    13 28.26%
  • Who's Sona?

    16 34.78%
First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 97

  1. #61
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Just to let y'all know, none of these discussions about Sona are new: The mods considered the same outcomes and options as being brought up here. The issue was complex, not simple. If anything, we dragged our feet when it came to the ban; we wanted to be fair to everyone, including him.

    It also did not entirely depend upon the mods making top-down decisions. Sona had just as much a hand in what happened to him as anyone else did, and his choices and behavior helped result in the outcome that occurred.

    (Just food for thought.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #62
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Just to let y'all know, none of these discussions about Sona are new: The mods considered the same outcomes and options as being brought up here. The issue was complex, not simple. If anything, we dragged our feet when it came to the ban.

    It also did not entirely depend upon the mods making top-down decisions. Sona had just as much a hand in what happened to him as anyone else did, and his choices and behavior helped result in the outcome that occurred.

    (Just food for thought.)
    Did anyone mention the thing about the haltie being much kinder than the muzzle? I just know it would have made a difference.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  3. #63
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Did anyone mention the thing about the haltie being much kinder than the muzzle? I just know it would have made a difference.
    The haltie?

    We talked about segregating him elsewhere temporarily, if that is what you mean.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #64
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    To extend the metaphor: the Halti may be kinder, but there are times when it is more appropriate to muzzle (like when the dog has a history of biting). And there are times when you just have to take it back to the shelter and not use either one. It is not really a matter of kindness.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  5. #65
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    To extend the metaphor: the Halti may be kinder, but there are times when it is more appropriate to muzzle (like when the dog has a history of biting). And there are times when you just have to take it back to the shelter and not use either one. It is not really a matter of kindness.
    Oh well in which case then cattle prod it is

    Hell I'm not firing criticism. Just saying he was interesting at points and annoying as hell at others. And thinking about it I wasn't even around for half of his stay!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  6. #66
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The haltie?

    We talked about segregating him elsewhere temporarily, if that is what you mean.
    The 8th circle of hell? Bridge 6? Wandering forever?

  7. #67
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    The 8th circle of hell? Bridge 6? Wandering forever?
    Your house.

  8. #68
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Your house.
    Meh, my house is the 4th circle of hell.

  9. #69
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    No no no, haltie. Basically whenever he went for his keyboard his head would be turned sideways. He'd have to type slow and think lots in between and stuff.

    It seems I'm spelling it wrong too.. Halti.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  10. #70
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    No no no, haltie. Basically whenever he went for his keyboard his head would be turned sideways. He'd have to type slow and think lots in between and stuff.

    It seems I'm spelling it wrong too.. Halti.
    I knew what you meant- we had one called a Gentle Leader. Didn't work for our dog, but nice idea. We ended up getting one that went up under the front legs so that whenever he pulled he ended up lifting his front legs off the ground. Hoist of his own petard, so to speak.

    As far as the forum is concerned, the Miserable User setting didn't go over too well on INTPC...
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Similar Threads

  1. Who you callin n00b?
    By Xander in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:47 PM
  2. guess who's back
    By niffer in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 12:28 AM
  3. Who am I?
    By wyrdsister in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
  4. Who, me?
    By helium in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO