User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who misses Sona?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do! The forum's not as good with him gone!

17 36.96%
  • Not me! If that loser never comes back it'll be too soon!

13 28.26%
  • Who's Sona?

16 34.78%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I guess I enjoyed his posts in a morbid, schadenfreudery kind of way. But I also enjoy reading transcripts from interviews with serial killers, and studying cults. So, you know. I never claimed to be a good person. And yeah, I suppose I did think his opinions were that bad, however funny they may have been. Just because they may have accurately, frighteningly reflected the views and worldview of hundreds of millions of muslim men is no reason to take them seriously.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    It should also be remembered that he was only half of the act. The other half was Sahara with her squawky INFP outrage and dauntless hopes for his reformation. They played off each other so well.
    Ah, yes, one of many "feeding the trolls" combination that tends to come up a lot on forums.

Someone insulted the latest SJ in their very own introduction thread about not being intimidated by the level of discussion here. WTF?! My fingers were burning but I refrained. Thankfully someone else noticed it as well. Maybe I should write a Survival Guide for SJ Members. Ask for advice, then say "Geez, I never thought of that!" keep your responses contained to meaningless fluff threads, show no strong opinions, and you'll be A-OK.
    Someone actually wrote something like that just recently? It seems like the first bit of common sense for this type of forum not to put down someone based on a type difference in an intro thread.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Dude that's required reading for BUPPIES like me!
    The best part about Nikki was that she could be absolutely assertive when the occasion warranted. Whenever you heard her say "No, dammit!" you knew you were in for some J, in no uncertain terms.

I enjoyed that. For many academics, everything's negotiable... but Nikki Giovanni wasn't and isn't an academic. I wish I could take her class again.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I enjoyed that. For many academics, everything's negotiable... but Nikki Giovanni wasn't and isn't an academic. I wish I could take her class again.
    I can't remember.... did you actually earn a degree there?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I can't remember.... did you actually earn a degree there?
    I've got a piece of paper somewhere that says I don't have to go back. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

-Oberon B.A.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I've got a piece of paper somewhere that says I don't have to go back. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Hmmm.... Does it rhyme...?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

What I can't figure out is, if I'm married, is my Bachelor's degree still valid?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Fine, then -- let's ban Uber too!
    Let me reiterate: Sharing different opinions is not synonymous with trolling.

Besides, censorship of ideas is against the rules. (And my ideas happen to be right...)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    ...censorship of ideas is against the rules. (And my ideas happen to be right...)
    But I'm not censoring ideas, I'm just censoring a person!

Oberon

Well, so far we're split right down the middle on the Sona question.

I would not have predicted that.