User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who misses Sona?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do! The forum's not as good with him gone!

17 36.96%
  • Not me! If that loser never comes back it'll be too soon!

13 28.26%
  • Who's Sona?

16 34.78%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

I liked him. I didn't think he was aggressive or anything. He just had ideas that offended people, that's all. I have no problem with people having offensive ideas - everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I still like the fact that he said what he thought. Also, I don't think he is half as bad as he came off as.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Kind of like someone who heatedly protests "I'm not racist! Some of my best friends are lazy, thieving niggers!"

Somehow he doesn't sound real to me. After reading some of his old posts, I think it all sounds like posing. It's not unlike how a 14 year-old might say the most contrary thing just to stir up crap.

MBTI
    ISTP

Do I miss him? Like boiling acid being poured in my eyes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Did anyone honestly think his ideas were any more offensive than the ones I've routinely been slammed for?

Since I hold ideas and beliefs that are not mainstream, I'll be considered a troll. But still, I think because I'm an N, I'm given more tolerance than Sona ever was.

EDIT: I've noticed a trend that it was the ENTPs who seemed to enjoy him...as the ultimate debaters, why not?

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Did anyone honestly think his ideas were any more offensive than the ones I've routinely been slammed for?

Since I hold ideas and beliefs that are not mainstream, I'll be considered a troll. But still, I think because I'm an N, I'm given more tolerance than Sona ever was.

EDIT: I've noticed a trend that it was the ENTPs who seemed to enjoy him...as the ultimate debaters, why not?
    Wow, this is amazing, I completely agree with you. I notice that other posters like hotmale and ESTJFred get/got the same lack of tolerance. Basically, don't be an vociferous STJ, come in with your neck exposed and bowing to superior N intellect and you'll do just fine.

Someone insulted the latest SJ in their very own introduction thread about not being intimidated by the level of discussion here. WTF?! My fingers were burning but I refrained. Thankfully someone else noticed it as well. Maybe I should write a Survival Guide for SJ Members. Ask for advice, then say "Geez, I never thought of that!" keep your responses contained to meaningless fluff threads, show no strong opinions, and you'll be A-OK.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    EDIT: And I failed to mention this site's natural bias toward N's. Deny it any which way you want, the bias exists here and reflects the way some people are treated.
    Honestly, I don't think Sona would have been treated differently anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    It should also be remembered that he was only half of the act. The other half was Sahara with her squawky INFP outrage and dauntless hopes for his reformation. They played off each other so well.
    Yes, it was like so many of the other comedy duos of the past: Laurel & Hardy, Abbot & Costello, Pumba & Timone, Tom & Jerry, Ben Affleck & Matt Damon, Bush & Cheney, Freud & Jung, Lenny & Squiggy, Latka & Simka, Jesus & Peter, Adam Corolla & Jimmy Kimmel... oh, the list is endless.

I miss them too. They made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Do I miss him? Like boiling acid being poured in my eyes.
    I wouldn't even have to boil it to know I wouldn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Wow, this is amazing, I completely agree with you. I notice that other posters like hotmale and ESTJFred get/got the same lack of tolerance. Basically, don't be an vociferous STJ, come in with your neck exposed and bowing to superior N intellect and you'll do just fine.
    Fine, then -- let's ban Uber too!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Fine, then -- let's ban Uber too!
    I'll meet you in the modbox.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

Oberon

Prote, you ever read any Nikki Giovanni?

(...at the risk of derailing my own thread yet again...)

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Prote, you ever read any Nikki Giovanni?

(...at the risk of derailing my own thread yet again...)
    Dude that's required reading for BUPPIES like me!

Oberon

I took her poetry class two semesters at Tech. She was an amazing character.