User Tag List

12 Last

Default Smelling the flowers

If life is a journey, a path, then it is wrought with unforeseen twists and turns. It goes up and it goes down. Sometimes, the milestones seem to define us. Sometimes the journey itself. The truth is, life is a combination of these and more. Our capacity to comprehend is so minute that even if life were just the path in this simple analogy, we could not hope to grasp it.

I'm at a stage of my life where I'm upgrading my education. I'm doing post-graduate studies online. Very much am I a person that looks at the path I'm taking. I'm moving along trajectory and anxiously await my unfolding future. At the same time, I want to enjoy the walk.

I live in a town where I don't know anybody, save my family. All my friends live hours away. The isolation has been driving me mad. I've turned to the internet, where I am able to IM with my friends (I feel the need to stay in conversation and 'connected' to some social pulse at all times), to forge new friends. My writing I find difficult. I can do things collaboratively, but I can't stick to writing something regularly, by myself, with frequency unless it's collaborative.

Indeed, typology interests me because it gave me an explanation for a lot of my personality. Why I have trouble with small details but can stay focused on a big, dynamic environment. Why I can so easily keep active when I'm leading and collaborating, but have difficulty sticking to things in solitude. Searches for ENTJ hobbies haven't been as fruitful as I would have liked.

In the mornings, I go to the gym - to check out women and because it feels like progress and achievement. During the day, I maintain my academic standing, volunteer, and do whatever various errands need doing. In the evening, I spend time with my family, but find they tire quickly. Every evening I find myself completely bored. Internet forums, alone, aren't enough. Anybody have any genuine suggestions for what I could do? I appreciate it.

TL;DR - Bored ENTJ doesn't know anybody in town and needs stuff to do every night.

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunward View Post
    TL;DR - Bored ENTJ doesn't know anybody in town and needs stuff to do every night.
    I read this line as "Bored ENTJ needs someone to stuff every night."
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

That too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, we could give you a billion suggestions and things to do; from smoking weed, to going skinny dipping in Zimbabwe lakes, or even donating blood to every organization known to man.

I just have a question for you:

Let's say you were really happy, fulfilled and content right now, what type of things would you think you would be doing?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

If life is a journey, a path, then it is wrought with unforeseen twists and turns. It goes up and it goes down. Sometimes, the milestones seem to define us. Sometimes the journey itself. The truth is, life is a combination of these and more. Our capacity to comprehend is so minute that even if life were just the path in this simple analogy, we could not hope to grasp it.
    I cant answer your question, cause life is as boring like that.

But I want to answer the meaning you gave it:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvDxwydFUZg"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Well, we could give you a billion suggestions and things to do; from smoking weed, to going skinny dipping in Zimbabwe lakes, or even donating blood to every organization known to man.

I just have a question for you:

Let's say you were really happy, fulfilled and content right now, what type of things would you think you would be doing?

I'd be furthering my career. My career coach even says there's nothing I can do now or for a couple of years with regards to that. The formal education I'm going for now is necessary to gain full-time entry into the career I desire. I'm stuck because I'm only 23. It kills me, having to wait.

So in the meantime, I figure I may as well make the wait pleasant. Neither smoking, travelling nor donating blood interest me. I wouldn't be able to enjoy travelling right now anyway. Plus, none of these are night-time events. I have things that keep me busy in the morning and during the day. At night I'm left bored.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd be furthering my career. My career coach even says there's nothing I can do now or for a couple of years with regards to that. The formal education I'm going for now is necessary to gain full-time entry into the career I desire. I'm stuck because I'm only 23. It kills me, having to wait.

So in the meantime, I figure I may as well make the wait pleasant. Neither smoking, travelling nor donating blood interest me. I wouldn't be able to enjoy travelling right now anyway. Plus, none of these are night-time events. I have things that keep me busy in the morning and during the day. At night I'm left bored.
    Hmm, I'll rephrase the question:

If tomorrow was the last day on Earth (you were going to die and there's no re-spawns or coming back) besides being busy in the morning, and daytime, how would you spend that last evening?

Would you sit around be bored on the last day on Earth or would you be doing something else?

It seems it extreme to think about, but it isn't. It kinda focuses you to notice the "flowers" before you smell them.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

in red its far more threatening
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    in red its far more threatening
    LOL! Oh man...

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Hmm, I'll rephrase the question:

If tomorrow was the last day on Earth (you were going to die and there's no re-spawns or coming back) besides being busy in the morning, and daytime, how would you spend that last evening?

Would you sit around be bored on the last day on Earth or would you be doing something else?

It seems it extreme to think about, but it isn't. It kinda focuses you to notice the "flowers" before you smell them.
    I'd sell everything I own, borrow as much money as I could at any interest rate, then probably go out on my own terms due to something like a cocaine overdose.

People who live each day like it's the last have a terrible sense of chronology. "Carpe diem" is a fundamentally flawed idea.