User Tag List

First 123 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I would consider some here friends. If I have met them in person it was because I knew them first online. Meatspace and internet are very vaguely connected for me, and most people I know in meatspace first never visit the same places as me on the internet.

My sister-in-law is a bit different on this and actually communicates with me over the internet without using email (therefore we go to some of the same sites). Most, if they do communicate with me online, use email, and possible IM. I've been bit by internet people before, so I am ever so slightly cautious.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Do you have any friends/SO's on this forum?
    Not yet, unless my ENFP friend has joined and I haven't noticed yet. I would be fine with my SO and my oldest daughter joining, but I don't know if they will.

Do they have your handle?
    They all will if they join.

If you don't, why not?
    N/A

If you were to let someone in on your MBTIc world, would you let them know who you were?
    I would assume anyone who got on here would know who I am in pretty short order.

What are your thoughts on how open you are on here, and why you would/wouldn't want to share it with someone you know IRL?
    I would be very selective about who I invited here because I'm very open and sometimes you can't be that way irl. My fellow Evangelicals can be so uptight!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    *leaves a stuffed giraffe on Bush's window sill*
    Hmm, a Trojan giraffe, when did that get there? I'll put it in the corner where the porcelain owl and the Guatemalan worry doll can keep an eye on it.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little hermit crab too!

MBTI
    INTP

Nope. But I know a few people who are interested in MBTI that might like it.

If they joined, I would tell them.

If you don't, why not?
    N/A

If you were to let someone in on your MBTIc world, would you let them know who you were?
    Of course.

What are your thoughts on how open you are on here, and why you would/wouldn't want to share it with someone you know IRL?
    I'm a fairly private person both online and in IRL. I wouldn't have any concerns about anyone I know joining here and reading any posts that I'd made.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    1 SO, 3 Friends from this side of the water, do I include those friends which I have because of forums but not this one?
    If you don't, why not?
    If I didn't, it'd be because I wanted a place to hide. I don't though...well not often.
    How else to I get that number thingy up on my profile?

I think they'd guess pretty quickly.
    Ah I am more open in that respect on here because mostly irl people don't want to discuss the finer points of the sources of religion or the errors in an existentialist's theories. It's nice to find a bunch of people who will go indepth into topics. It's nice to sit in the couch but it's also nice to go out for a run. This is the run for my brain. I'd get bored and lethargic without it. (Is that kinda what you meant?)
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFJ

If you don't, why not?

1. Not the I know of
    2. They are not as cool as me
    3. They would pretty much know based on my avatar (as of now)
    4. I'm pretty much less as open as I want to be here. Only a few irl know me well and that's taken years so while I might share here..i don't share nearly as much as I do with my irl friends...
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    1. Not the I know of
    2. They are not as cool as me
    3. They would pretty much know based on my avatar (as of now)
    4. I'm pretty much less as open as I want to be here. Only a few irl know me well and that's taken years so while I might share here..i don't share nearly as much as I do with my irl friends...
    i encourage you to start a blog

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I have two pre-Central friends who're on Central now. One was a coincidence; the other signed up after finding me.

A handful of people I've met since I joined are now close friends.

Sure.

Maybe.

I'm pretty open here. But I think my friends would be surprised just how blunt I am here. And there are probably a few posts (I can think of some now!) that would embarrass me, even though I'd own up to them b/c they're honest.

I... suppose. Yeah!

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Do you have any friends/SO's on this forum? no
    Do they have your handle? n/a
    If you don't, why not? n/a
    If you were to let someone in on your MBTIc world, would you let them know who you were? If I let them know about MBTIc, they'll know who I am here because I never change my username
    What are your thoughts on how open you are on here, and why you would/wouldn't want to share it with someone you know IRL? More open here than to most people I know IRL, but less open than to some of my trusted friends.

If you don't, why not?
    Yes (1 SO, 3 friends - plus some friends I've made since joining the forums)
    Yes they should recognise me.
    I did change user name., but I have posted my INTPc User name elsewhere and they could make the link easlily enough.
    I have no problem with friends knowing what I post
    I'm fairly open - but then I don't post much...