Thread: Pipe smokers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Default Pipe smokers

Anyone here except me who enjoys a good pipe sometimes?
    Why and when do you smoke your pipe?
    I do it because it is a great good-smelling thing to do, that brings great relaxation and clarity of thought.

I'm not talking about smoking pot, water pipes or stuff like that. I'm talking about tobacco smoking. Like this:

Last edited by Valiant; 11-26-2007 at 02:01 AM. Reason: spelled like a peevish, milklivered barnacle.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP

I've been known to enjoy a pipe or two. However, we don't have much pipe tobacco in this country. Also, getting hold of a pipe that doesn't clog up after a week is easier said than done. The best pipe I ever smoked was a giant water-bong in Egypt. I think they're called houkas or something. The ones I tried used apple-flavoured tobacco, and represent the very pinnacle of civility.

MBTI
    INTJ

I have two big hookahs if that counts.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have a hookah! I usually pull it out at parties because my non-smoking friends actually enjoy it quite a bit, plus, it's pretty! I don't feel like looking like Gertrude Stein the second though, so I generally stick with cigarettes in public
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

I've always been tempted to take it to the smoking section of a restraunt to see the reactions.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I don't smoke pipes or otherwise myself, but I've always liked the smell of pipe tobacco. I don't know what makes it smell better than cigarette smoke or *gag* cigar smoke, but it just smells mild and sweet.

My uncle used to spoke a pipe... I always hung around him because of it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I've been known to enjoy a pipe or two. However, we don't have much pipe tobacco in this country. Also, getting hold of a pipe that doesn't clog up after a week is easier said than done. The best pipe I ever smoked was a giant water-bong in Egypt. I think they're called houkas or something. The ones I tried used apple-flavoured tobacco, and represent the very pinnacle of civility.
    Shisha is what my friends told me it's called and they like smoking that stuff a lot. They actually just picked it up with a houka at the beginning of the month and have been enjoying it ever since. I prefer not to partake, but if they enjoy it then good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I've always been tempted to take it to the smoking section of a restraunt to see the reactions.
    I would so love to be a fly on the wall for that!

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    I don't smoke pipes or otherwise myself, but I've always liked the smell of pipe tobacco. I don't know what makes it smell better than cigarette smoke or *gag* cigar smoke, but it just smells mild and sweet.

My uncle used to spoke a pipe... I always hung around him because of it.
    My father likes to smoke a pipe when relaxing at home and I can definately apreciate the smell more than his Players.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Wow, you are way too young (for me) to be looking so dashing and rakish.

*swoon*

MBTI
    ISTx

I have like 3 tobacco pipes and a mini hookah pipe for shisha. Don't smoke any of them that often but do enjoy from time to time. I love the hookah pipe. Tastes like candy.

MBTI
    yupp

My dad smoked a pipe until I was 4, remember as a toddler crawling in his lap and watching the news and nature shows while he smoked and drank.I don't smoke a pipe never have, and doubt I never will. Maybe if I'm ever sherlock holmes for halloween, If I do and can find opium maybe I'll smoke that if not, I'll just do tobacco.And by find opium I mean get up the courage to ask someone.