User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    I don't keep lists like these. My goals change all the time! Once I almost reached one of my goals, I get tired of it and I need to search something different. So I guess it's better to have imreachable goals, because I can't get tired of them. Examples:
    - Becoming immortal (not literally).
    - Becoming the first female pope (just because I think that the Catholic church needs to emancipate a little, modernize and stuff, use some fucking condoms).
    - Becoming the most awesome creature in the universe.
    - Having someone invent a pill that could make my cat immortal (literally, I don't want her to die).
    - Having a 100% guarantee that I'll never get married
    - Just be happy
    I'd be interested in debating your second goal but I wish you luck with all of them, although would you be happy if you had a guarantee in the second last one, I mean do you mean you dont want to get married.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'd be interested in debating your second goal but I wish you luck with all of them, although would you be happy if you had a guarantee in the second last one, I mean do you mean you dont want to get married.
    Absolutely. My parents are married and you should just see what a great example they're giving me. 0,0% love. A few years ago I was the one who had to save their marriage (I didn't want to, I got forced). That scared me off of getting married in the first place.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Riva

Does anyone keep lists of things they want to do someday
    Yes
    goals they have in life
    Yes

----------

Helps a lot. Believe it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Absolutely. My parents are married and you should just see what a great example they're giving me. 0,0% love. A few years ago I was the one who had to save their marriage (I didn't want to, I got forced). That scared me off of getting married in the first place.

So are you going to continue to walk around injured like that? Since you know their marriage is not ideal and you have seen these mistakes firsthand, wouldn't that put you in a position to have a better marriage yourself?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    So are you going to continue to walk around injured like that? Since you know their marriage is not ideal and you have seen these mistakes firsthand, wouldn't that put you in a position to have a better marriage yourself?
    They see their marriage as a mistake themselves too, at least, so does my mother. She always tells me how it ruined her life. I refuse to make mistakes like that.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

garbage

They see their marriage as a mistake themselves too, at least, so does my mother. She always tells me how it ruined her life. I refuse to make mistakes like that.
    I identify with this completely. To this day, my parents (ENTP and ISFJ, just to give a sense of how different and incomprehensible they are to each other) live as if they're just bitter roommates. It turned me off of marriage completely, which was a point of contention in my first serious relationship.

So, what did I do? I just refused to allow that to completely color my view of marriage. After that relationship, I got out and about a bit more, and I ended up meeting people with extremely sound marriages--one married couple is now two of my best friends; they're constantly mistaken for newlyweds because the positive partnership-dynamic of their relationship just constantly shows itself.

I wanted to know what that was about. So I ended up reading all sorts of relationship material, I went to Sunday School sessions for married couples, I attended conferences, and I talked to my married friends. I'm still searching, but I know that my parents' relationship is not the most accurate model for what marriage is 'supposed' to be about.

You shouldn't make the same mistake, no; but just know that it's possible to not make that mistake. It's just fine to choose not to get married, but the motivation to do so shouldn't be out of avoidance, despair, or any other negative factor.

Ah, thread derails and unsolicited advice.