User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I envy you. It is really something I've tried to achieve a number of times but still no luck. You have to talk about your experiences sometime. I'm well interested.

garbage

Leave it to a ENTJ to start a thread like this

I've actually had more long-term goals than I thought.

• Buy a house or condo -- check
    • Pay it off within three years' time -- check
    • Start a business -- check.. it failed. No big losses though
    • Overcome my generalized anxiety -- check
    • Obtain a Ph.D. -- working on that one now
    • Get into the mode of traveling out of town once a month on average -- check. This was a big step after considering myself "sheltered" for a long time..

Other things that I'd really like to do:
    • Record an album -- I have a bunch of random snippets and incomplete songs; I just need to get it all together in a meaningful fashion.
    • Write a book -- my profession lends itself well to this, thankfully. I'm going to wait for free time and inspiration, though.
    • Obtain an MBA -- not gonna do this while I'm working on the Ph.D. For now, I'm learning on my own how business works, performing business development, and so on.
    • Start an independent consulting firm -- the Ph.D., a few more years' experience, and maybe the MBA are all prerequisites for this in my mind
    • Learn another language -- I had motivation at one point, then lost it. I might pick this one back up again.
    • Marry a "partner in crime" -- got close, once
    • Run a marathon -- used to do 5k's, but my knees might be too bad for this

I'd messed around with charting these via mind maps and all, but I'm contented with just keeping them in the back of my mind until they become tangible or relevant.

There are some constants in this list, but I know that the list itself isn't permanent; this isn't all that I'll want to do, surely. In my day-to-day life, I also track short-term goals and chores. I treat everything as situational and subject to change, though.

There are many aspects of life that I refuse to pin down as well. I know that I'd be happy with or without children, for example.

I'm a big fan of Stephen Covey-like books, personal development websites, and other similar materials that help with this "getting-things-done" mode of thinking.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I regularly make list of long-term and short-term goals.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

my long term plan: not-go-nuts

and

enjoy-the-ride

i dont make plans like "win the nobel prize", "learn 6 languages" - since I found them damaging for my spirit and happiness. I dont like focusing on success (in that way).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

The only set goal I have is pursuing a doctoral degree. Anything else ... who knows. If somebody had described my life as it is now six years ago, I probably wouldn't have believed it.
    Having plans is good and necessary because they give you directions. But changing your plans isn't bad if something better comes along and I'm not bothered too much if things turn out differently than I expected. The only bad thing is not to have any alternatives if something goes wrong.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I was going to attempt to make a list of life goals about two years ago, but i don't really have any. I'm a strong believer in 'going with the flow' as much as possible.
    A specific career isn't a necessity in my life, but it is a good to have an idea about.
    No dream home or location.
    No large desire to travel.
    Is there such a thing as an anti-list?

I suppose i would like to hang glide some day, maybe even skydive.
    I'd love to be a brigader at an Amanda Palmer show.
    Any travel desires i do have are to meet/visit specific friends of mine.
    Drink wine fairly frequently in the comfort of whatever home i end up in?

I'll stick with being agreeable when things come up heh.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTJ

I HAVE VOWED TO SHIRK ALL RESPONSIBILITIES
    wails from the crypt.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Does anyone keep lists of things they want to do someday or goals they have in life? I used to regularly visit the 43Things website but it sort of got crap after they turned it into a more business orientated venture to flog the little book they made out of peoples goals.
    I did yesterday, for my most immediate/short term goals and stuff I need to do. I don't really make a distinction between them. I write down the stuff I need to get down and the smaller goals that will carry me forward to my larger scale goals. Writing it all down can help keep me focused and organized when i have a lot of stuff going on.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

The only goal I have at the moment is to get out of this house.
    I'd like to visit or move to Australia too. Maybe do a few mission trips to other countries.

I want to go on some sort of adventure. I don't know what kind, but I want one. One that will change my life and/or thinking. Maybe get a few friends and travel around North America. Who knows. I'm open to any change.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I have three plans or "lists":

Short Range: 1 year or less
    Mid-Range: 2-5 years
    Long Range: 5+ years

I have accomplished a good number of items on my mid-range list, and even a few on my long-range list.

My short-range list is a very dynamic. As the winds blow and change my life and surroundings, I adapt my short range plan to accomodate what I am not willing to compromise, such as the well being of my wife and kids, our health as a family, and the fulfillment of promises made.

The most important thing to me in the short range, is to fulfill my duties as a husband and father, then to satisfy my duties as a professional and a student, and finally my favorite part, using what little time I have left to pursue my personal objectives, of staying in shape, listening to good music, eating good food, socializing, and traveling.

I guess my short range list is kind of a means of managing my time so that my real objectives, those 2-5 years away, are met once they are decided on. This method has been very effective for me. I've accomplished alot in the last 8 years since formulating this methodology. Despite the short range being laden with duties, I still manage to crank out a weekend trip here or there, a visit with friends/family, and of course little tidbits of fun like lunch with friends, a happy hour here or there, and what not.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro