User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Everything is just simple here and it's nice. You can come here and watch/participate in debates (which tend to turn out pretty bad too ), excange views on something you may/may not know about, chat to people you don't know, learn a little about personality type theories that never made sense (and never will), ignore victor and jaguar (yet still find them intriguing) and learn about cool stuff (which doesn't happen often). I've left this site alone a few times, but I find myself coming back every time. Nothing is ever quite the same... :O this is my home!!! wtf! omg!!!
    5 3 9

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Meaning what does this forum mean to you? Why do you come here?
    Nothing really. To spend time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

The forum is a lovely perception in my little insignificance towards the universe that accredits me to transmit worldly ideas and imaginary concepts with benign beings of altered statistical coordinates.

Thumbs down Open 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    if you find McDonald's "normal".... Well, I'm just going to leave it at that.
    There are three churches in Manuka were I live. Two have steeples with bells and one has golden arches.

Sometimes I have thought they should put bells in the arches, but they are so popular - people and families not only walk in, but whole families actually drive in - that bells would be a little extraneous.

The other two churches, an Anglican and a Catholic, put on a brave front, but their congregations are dwindling and ageing. Things are looking so desperate for them that they have stopped attacking one another and now conspire to bring people to church.

In fact the Anglican and Catholic churches now shut their doors most of the time for fear of being vandalised. But I think this is wishful thinking - actually no one is interested in them enough to vandalise them. But being ignored is too much for them to face so they like to fantasise that we are out to get them. But really we are indifferent.

On the other hand, the Golden Arches, just like this forum, are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always welcome at the Golden Arches no matter what time of day, no matter how we are dressed or how we feel.

In fact I feel like going there right now.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    There are three churches in Manuka were I live. Two have steeples with bells and one has golden arches.

Sometimes I have thought they should put bells in the arches, but they are so popular - people and families not only walk in, but whole families actually drive in - that bells would be a little extraneous.

The other two churches, an Anglican and a Catholic, put on a brave front, but their congregations are dwindling and ageing. Things are looking so desperate for them that they have stopped attacking one another and now conspire to bring people to church.

In fact the Anglican and Catholic churches now shut their doors most of the time for fear of being vandalised. But I think this is wishful thinking - actually no one is interested in them enough to vandalise them. But being ignored is too much for them to face so they like to fantasise that we are out to get them. But really we are indifferent.

On the other hand, the Golden Arches are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always welcome at the Golden Arches no matter what time of day, no matter how we are dressed or how we feel.

That's nice. I don't attend church because I'm allergic to the preservatives they garnish over their products. I prefer to make my own meals at home with my family and an age old recipe book. McDonald's never loved me like they do. Do you have a family, Victor? Or do you confide in the MBTI, MSG laden McDonald's?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    That's nice. I don't attend church because I'm allergic to the preservatives they garnish over their products. I prefer to make my own meals at home with my family and an age old recipe book. McDonald's never loved me like they do. Do you have a family, Victor? Or do you confide in the MBTI, MSG laden McDonald's?
    It's 1 AM in the morning. Where can I go at 1 AM and be welcome? I can go for a lovely walk up to McDonald's or I can log in and talk with you.

Fortunately I attended an Encounter Group where I learnt to confide in anyone. And so I do, from my alfresco coffee and warm wholemeal roll at the Bakery in the morning to my late night snack at McDonald's.

It's amazing what a thin membrane separates us from one another. All we have to do is to speak to break it and bathe in the warm amniotic water that is our human family.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

On the other hand, the Golden Arches, just like this forum, are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always welcome at the Golden Arches no matter what time of day, no matter how we are dressed or how we feel.

But, Victor, no matter how good that Big Mac makes you feel, it's really killing you on the inside.

I'm surprised that you, of all people, succumb to the bastardization of culture that McDonald's represents.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Ive been here a little more than a month and must say discovering this place was a bit of a revelation. First, there are a lot of intelligent people here and many are very funny. It is entertaining and a way to relax after a long stressful day at work. Second, it does seem somehow validating to find a place where so many other people are interested in discussing topics that have been of interest to me for years. While it may seem like just a fun thing and way to connect, I think there is practical value as well. You get to see the different types in action how they think, how they respond, etc. I'm also gaining a depth and clarity of understanding of certain things that I didn't have before related to typology. Finally, the process of writing things down somehow helps me to bring focus to the jumbled thoughts running through my mind.

Thumbs down Aphrodite

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    But, Victor, no matter how good that Big Mac makes you feel, it's really killing you on the inside.

I'm surprised that you, of all people, succumb to the bastardization of culture that McDonald's represents.
    Dear Aphrodite,

Consider my choices - Anglican, Catholic or Big Mac.

I don't want to disillusion you, but here am I being mugged by reality.

The best excuse I can come up with is that I choose the least of three evils.

But how I would love to preserve your ideal image of me.

So I have traded my avatar for a question mark, all the better for you to project your ideal image onto an empty screen.

When you talk to me, imagine yourself cosy in a seat in your local movie theatre. And as you watch the star on the screen, you recognise me. I speak in the way you want. I walk in the way your want, I even dance to your own tune. And when I look out into the vast theatre of the world, I see only Aphrodite.

MBTI
    INFP

This forum means a lot to me. It's like Christmas every morning with all of the wonderful threads. It is responsible for a great deal of my growth and maturation.