First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    but on second thought, a good portion of my style of humor relies on subtlety and the whole tongue-in-cheek thing [i.e. asking the waiter at j. gilberts if they have yoohoo or, later demanding that he put my scallops back in the microwave]. that kind of shit is cheapened by my laughter. i have to have the stone face so everyone else can laugh.

it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it. however i pretty much laugh my tits off at myself once i get home.
    lolz

I like ordering the "fill-it mig-non" pronounced phonetically, and asking why some asshole out front tried to steal my car.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

uh no...
    it's controllable.

most people laugh at their own jokes because when they make vulgar jokes, they want everyone around to be sure that they're not serious.

these are the times where i never laugh. it's not funny to me unless everyone else is either sickened, frightened or puzzled by my supposed seriousness.

the rest of the time i think i laugh.

but on second thought, a good portion of my style of humor relies on subtlety and the whole tongue-in-cheek thing [i.e. asking the waiter at j. gilberts if they have yoohoo or, later demanding that he put my scallops back in the microwave]. that kind of shit is cheapened by my laughter. i have to have the stone face so everyone else can laugh.

it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it. however i pretty much laugh my tits off at myself once i get home.
    Tell me more!

I find that a lot of my jokes are pretty... bad. Not poorly executed, but bad subject for the audience. Though when I get a great one off that people laugh at, I can't help but laugh along because I'm easily tickled by other people's laughter.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    lolz

I like ordering the "fill-it mig-non" pronounced phonetically, and asking why some asshole out front tried to steal my car.
    well i didn't do it exactly like that.
    breathing heavily, as if i'd just gotten done with a brutal fight, i told the front desk girl [or whatever that fucking thing is that she was standing at... really wide podium?] that they needed to increase parking lot security.

i didn't wanna get too specific about it - like i thought it was a common complaint.

i'd do that, but then i'd be stuck eating a $80 filet mignon that i don't really want so... that one's out for me.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I find that a lot of my jokes are pretty... bad. Not poorly executed, but bad subject for the audience. Though when I get a great one off that people laugh at, I can't help but laugh along because I'm easily tickled by other people's laughter.
    unless you can keep going, it can be difficult to find something to do while your audience laughs. after the joke has succeeded, it doesn't matter much if you deflate your character and laugh along, but again, if you're gonna keep going then you have to figure something else out.
    we fukin won boys

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    lolz

Ha! The car bit is funny! I'm gonna steal it...the joke, not the car

If you take someone to a nice restaurant for their birthday when the waiter brings the dessert out, get an attitude and demand "Why didn't you sing like they do at TGI Fridays!" That's always a good one
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    ENTP

it's all well and good, but can you keep a straight face when you ask the question?
    really, that's about the only thing that matters.
    we fukin won boys

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I can...but I will usually go ahead and crack a smile within a few seconds becuase I don't want the other person (in this case the waiter) to get uncomfortable...how Fe of me
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

well i didn't do it exactly like that.
    breathing heavily, as if i'd just gotten done with a brutal fight, i told the front desk girl [or whatever that fucking thing is that she was standing at... really wide podium?] that they needed to increase parking lot security.

i didn't wanna get too specific about it - like i thought it was a common complaint.
    You could ask if they have some extra fill-it mig-non to put on your black eye?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

oh... you weren't pretending.
    well, whatever.

anyway, you have to keep a straight face the whole time.
    the entire point is to make them uncomfortable. that's what makes it so funny.
    that level of the joke can only be enjoyed by you [and whoever knows that you're doing it on purpose] though.
    we fukin won boys

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I laugh at my own jokes way too much. They are either too corny to not be ashamed of or too amusing to me in general. I just keep it contained to a non-gut-laugh.
    Comedians are friggin skilled.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance