User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: logics test

  1. #21
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Invalid, your score remains the same, thus you did as well as you first thought. That other people changed their scores have nothing to do with your score.

    I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    What Risen is saying is that logic 'in a box' can not cover for all predictions. And there's a subjective aspect, that in essense isn't logic. But still the most logical.

    Logic may state that if you have an appleseed, then in order to get apples you need to plant the seed and nurture the appletree that grows from it. But it's still far more logical to go to a supermarket and buy some apples instead.
    I know that, but this was not about subjectivity, most logical, far more logical. Or go to the supermarket to buy some fruit.

    Does not work to try to cheat with logic, as you may do IRL, that's the beauty of it. It's pure.

  3. #23
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist.
    But I didn't try to resist. If I had any intention of resisting, I may very well have been capable of that.

    ...Yeah, now I couldn't resist. Oh the irony. Good thing logic states that just because I failed to resist once, it is invalid to assume I would fail every time.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  4. #24
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    I know that, but this was not about subjectivity, most logical, far more logical. Or go to the supermarket to buy some fruit.

    Does not work to try to cheat with logic, as you may do IRL, that's the beauty of it. It's pure.
    Pure it may be, but also pretty useless when one can logically deduce he or she is omniscient for ~50%. Undeniable logic, yet it doesn't take a much brain activity to be able to disagree with it without drawing the short end of the stick.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Pure it may be, but also pretty useless
    What's pure and pretty is often 'useless'. But this does not make it meaningless...


  6. #26
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    What's pure and pretty is often 'useless'. But that this not make it meaningless...

    I could argue that logic can be meaningless.


    Dividing by 1 is pretty meaningless.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    EXFP
    Posts
    99

    Default

    I got 14 on the first one and 10 on the second. hmm.
    I got 15 wrong on the first, 6 8 10 12 and 14 on the second, and I can explain why. I deffinately think I've cuaght some of the authors errors in there.

    15 I put as valid because of the wording a molecule as opposed to a type of molecule. The way he made it sound, it was just reffering to one molecule that they we measuring over and over again. Also, predict is an ambugious word.

    For Test Two, I put 6 as valid just because, even though I knew she could be lying, something about the word admitts connotates truth. But maybe that's just me.

    I got 8 wrong. tricky tricky :P

    For 10 I thought the author was wrong and that it was valid but it depends on your deffinition of motivation I guess.

    For 12 I thought his expalntion of different senses was evoking back ground knowlege and we were supposed to read the afore statements as literal truth so yeah. I disagree with him there.

    For 14 I agree I got it wrong but for different reasons than the explained. I still think the author was evoking back ground knowlege which he said was forbidden but even then, I did do so as well with my inferance that there must be two people then. Idk that one was a bit confusing but I agree it's invalid.

  8. #28
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,780

    Default

    12 on the first and 10 on the second. I use to be better at this, like I've said I've caught stupidity.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. arm-chair logic tests
    By Olm the Water King in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-23-2016, 06:20 AM
  2. logic-test
    By Pinker85 in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 06:54 PM
  3. [NT] High impact on society, reality tested, and heavy use of logic and symbolic math
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 09:16 PM
  4. The Logic Test - What do YOU score?
    By Mindan in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 12:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO