User Tag List

First 45678 Last

spelling...meh, only to the degree that it doesn't take much time to go over the red lines with a mouse click.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I'm pretty good at spelling, but i can't spell things aloud easily or anything.

My INTJ friend is bad at spelling, but utilizes spell-check.
    The two ESTJs i've known can't spell for their lives. The weird thing about them is that you could correct them a thousand times over and they still wouldn't change how they misspell a word.

If it's in any way related to type, it would likely be the person of that type's focus. Example might be- I've learned how to spell properly because i want to be taken seriously when i make points. I also write poetry/am writing a novel. It's important for these things and not being looked over unless the basis isn't liked. Those ESTJs don't seem to care who takes them seriously because they take themselves seriously. They don't write and are just hellbent on working and obtaining material goals, as opposed to making points.
    But... that's just a rough, far-reaching idea
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

My spelling and grammar used to be terrific, until I went to high school. Now I'm spelling like an eight year old and my grammar turned aweful.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have excellent spelling and grammar.

That being said, I also make judicious use of the edit button.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

Not this bad, usually--just thought it'd be a funny time to point it out given that you were extolling the virtues of your own anal-retentiveness.
    I would say I wasn't extolling the virtues of my anal-retentiveness so much as deprecating the virtue of my good spelling.

But you can see it as you will.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I would say I wasn't extolling the virtues of my anal-retentiveness so much as deprecating the virtue of my good spelling.

But you can see it as you will.

So you'd say that your spelling is the linguistic equivalent of anal-expulsive defecation?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I'm an INTP English major, so my spellign is bound to be verry good.

Although I have habits of making grammar errors, occasionally. I tend to write as I think, which sometimes leads to me change tense in mid-sentence. Weird.

The ISTP is terrible. At least she writes in full, but still. I don't point them out, to be polite, and then she has the nerve to correct my spelling. When I've spelt it correctly. :| She's the one who spelt the word wrong in the first place. Bawwr.

I can't resist making intentional SPAG (spelling, punctuation and grammar) errors in the vicinity of someone who calls themself a "grammar nazi". Just because I think those sort of people need to get a hobby.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I may make a lot of typos, but I think I spell well in general. I won spelling bees as a kid and was given other work to do in HS English instead of taking the grammar/spelling tests . Reading a lot and very much relying on writing for your expression tends to give you a good vocabulary also.

As for grammar, if I concentrate on it, then I have great grammar; but in casual exchanges, I am not obsessed with it. I try to keep an intelligent level of grammar without being uptight. I also enjoy "creative structuring" with sentences and paragraphs, which is a trend I see in INFPs. We just love those semicolons .

The edit button is important because I am not detail-oriented, and so I miss typos easily; plus, I tend to re-order thoughtss and so words mistakenly get cut out. I notice it later and then try and fix it because I can be a bit of a perfectionist.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I hardly know any english grammar, since this is not my language, I did learn some at school, I suspect, when I paid attention.

But generally I go by sounds and rhythm of the words. Just what seems like it fits. Almost like a puzzle. And the finished sentence has a melody to it. Sometimes I can hear that it is all wrong. And I may experiment a little until it sounds right. If it's obviously all wrong.

So I dont think in rules and grammar. But by subconscious memory(guess..)(there may be some grammar, but if so, I'm not very aware of this..). There is not much thinking involved, mostly feeling.

MBTI
    xxxx

I know an INFJ that is highly anal about spelling, although not so much grammar. I believe the reason I started to check my text for spelling was because of another INFJ I knew that would rant and rant about how I replied quickly at the cost of not fixing typos. Highly pedantic.

As some people here may have picked up, I very much prefer to intentionally misspell things to give a slightly flavor to the text. (as with purposeful omission of commas) It's mostly in the use of compounds that don't exist in formal English. I've always been of the opinion that it's the ideas behind words that are essential, not the words themselves. Don't spend too much money on the packaging. It's much more fun to break the rules to make a point.

I've been teased by family that I had a hobby for spelling words when I was younger. I'm not sure why nor do I care to find out.

Spelling matters in coding, mathematics, and some scientific notations. English was originally born as a language without formal spelling rules. If I desired a rigid means of expression, I'd either become a poet or speak through pure logic.

PS: To answer the OP, I have great disdain for those with a high regard for spelling and would consequently be biased to answer the question with the type of someone I'm not fond of, thus skewing the results.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?