User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    xNFP: Zero. They don't want the light to come back, because the darkness reflects the inner turmoil and depression of their souls.

Hhahhaaha...wha?

Lightbulb That reminds me

You know you just reminded me, I've had a light bulb out in one of the living room lamps for almost a year.

I think I'll use one of those energy saver things to replace it. It hasn't bothered me for this long. I'll get to it when I get to it.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTP

Can't really improve on the original ENTP one, but how about this:

ENTP: one to persuade whoever else is nearby to do it for them.

(I actually thought "but nobody screws in bulbs nowadays, they're all bayonet fitting and take a second, and doesn't everyone use those low energy ones that last several years, so you hardly ever have to change one?!")

ENFP: one, and their dog. The ENFP will whip up the dog into a manic frenzy of excitement so that it leaps high enough to pull the light bulb out with its teeth, then they'll spend the next hour getting them to put the new one in, and nobody knows who's having more fun, the ENFP or the dog.

ENFJ: two - after an entire afternoon of the dead lightbulb being lectured on how impolite it was to die, it'll take another ENFJ to sufficiently steel the new bulb to the task of providing light for so upright a creature as the ENFJ.

ESFJ: four - one to rant about how bulbs aren't as good nowadays as when they were younger, another to agree with them and say it's all because of these darn changes in the regulations, another to explain how these changes are all because of the immigrants and another to call their ISTP son to go to the hardware store and bring them back a new bulb, then all of them to tut at the Japanese instructions, while the ISTP screws it in.

INTJ: If you time it just right, then the bulb should die just at the point when your babysitter is reading the kids a story, so they'll change it while you're out.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    ENFP: one, and their dog. The ENFP will whip up the dog into a manic frenzy of excitement so that it leaps high enough to pull the light bulb out with its teeth, then they'll spend the next hour getting them to put the new one in, and nobody knows who's having more fun, the ENFP or the dog.
    You know, I would pretend to be displeased with this, but um, I have to say, it sounds so cute! I love playing with dogs, how did you know?

My brother yells at me for acting like a 'retarded puppy' around his new dog and getting it all excited and making it forget all the hard training his INXP butt put into his pet.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    You know, I would pretend to be displeased with this, but um, I have to say, it sounds so cute! I love playing with dogs, how did you know?
    Because I have an ENFP brother, and a dog
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

ISTP: Builds a better lightbulb.

/obvious

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    ISTP: Builds a better lightbulb.

/obvious
    Doesn't that strike you as a little too impractical?

What's wrong with just installing one that is already made and reasonably good already?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Doesn't that strike you as a little too impractical?

What's wrong with just installing one that is already made and reasonably good already?
    I was just thinking the same thing.

Our main advantage is that we remember to turn off the power before

That is, unless someone told us to change the lightbulb... in which case it will never EVER get changed.

No sense of humor

MBTI
    INTP

When this was on INTPc, I think the general consensus was to move into a room with light or sit next to a window. Someone will get around to changing it eventually.