User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default Facebook stalking?

What is this when it's at home?

On the other facebook thread a few members mentioned it was good for stalking people, but seriously in what way?

Also why would you even want to?

So you get to see a persons status updates, and how many friends they have, plus whatever info they decide to share, what more can you do?

How does it get nasty enough to be called stalking?

I don't like invading peoples privacy, plus I'm a firm believer in "if they want me to know they will tell me, if they don't they aren't worth it".

I have a friend who follows every conversation her partner is having with anyone else, by clicking on the persons name and going to their page.

That's a step too far for me, I'll admit I have been tempted but I refuse to give into it, as that would mean I care and I don't, or at least I don't allow myself to follow through on actions that would show even me that I do.

To those who admitted they use facebook to stalk, what is it that drives you to do it and do you not feel that you are invading a persons privacy when you do it?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

The FaceStalk.

It's a time honoured trend. If someone put it on FB, it's because they wanted to show it off. Otherwise, they would have security settings to disallow it. My settings are very specific depending on which group of people I want to have access to pieces of information.

I have some friends that have this need to look through every photo, note, gift, link that a person has posted once they "friend" them. I recently made an ass of myself because I was not vigilant enough to follow what people were doing on FB, so I'm not really in the loop.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

I got creeped out by people Facebook stalking me and had mine scheduled for deletion many months ago. I didn't really use it anyway.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

And, I think it is a matter of flattery and interest. Or even morbid interest.

Getting attention for things like "liking the 90s" or being someone who "flips their pillow over to feel the cold side" is what FB was made for.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

Phantonym

My take on it is that if you're comfortable putting things up on the Internet and engaging in activities while knowing very well that the information is not hidden from public view, then you shouldn't be surprised when people exercise their free will and desire for knowledge to explore that information that you so generously have provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post

Getting attention for things like "liking the 90s" or being someone who "flips their pillow over to feel the cold side" is what FB was made for.
    Considering I was in both of those groups and you're defending that, this is getting kinda nervous. I feel as though I have my finger on the eject button.

Ginkgo

Yes... yessss my precious. The cold, crisp comfort....

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    My take on it is that if you're comfortable putting things up on the Internet and engaging in activities while knowing very well that the information is not hidden from public view, then you shouldn't be surprised when people exercise their free will and desire for knowledge to explore that information that you so generously have provided.
    I've had other people upload pictures of me and tag me in them against my wishes.

MBTI
    infp

The FaceStalk.

It's a time honoured trend. If someone put it on FB, it's because they wanted to show it off. Otherwise, they would have security settings to disallow it. My settings are very specific depending on which group of people I want to have access to pieces of information.

I have some friends that have this need to look through every photo, note, gift, link that a person has posted once they "friend" them. I recently made an ass of myself because I was not vigilant enough to follow what people were doing on FB, so I'm not really in the loop.

Yeah, that's crazy . At least from my perspective, I'm far too lazy to follow through like that.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    My facebook certainly doesn't have pics or info I wouldn't want anyone to know about. So I'm cool with a facebook stalk on me, I just want to understand what a person gets out of that kind of investigation for themselves since I don't understand it.

I like to get to know people without investigating them, maybe I'm doing it the wrong way, and the investigators are doing it the right way.........