User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

^ Yeah that's the kind of situation where you do better just to delete the friendship just for your sanity. Or at least hide the person if you think you can forget about checking. Chances are, if it's at that point it's not going to work out anyway.

That probably applys to Berb's friend.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    ^ Yeah that's the kind of situation where you do better just to delete the friendship just for your sanity. Or at least hide the person if you think you can forget about checking. Chances are, if it's at that point it's not going to work out anyway.

That probably applys to Berb's friend.
    I've hidden him, and not doing the obsessive thing any more partly because I think the friendship is effectively over at this point, and I wanted to get a grip on myself anyway...but in a way it would probably be better to just delete. We'll see...

Yeah, finding yourself behaving like that should definitely function as a wakeup call! If you have slightly stalkerish tendencies and someone brings it out in you to that extent - and if you would find them that difficult to trust - a friendship or (especially) a relationship wouldn't work out that well.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

figsfiggyfigs

Like i always tell my bestfriend

Facebook aint fo Talkin', Tis fo Stalkin'!!!!

trademarked by You'reWrongI'mRight. LOL

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

In all honesty, I'd be pretty excited to have a facebook stalker. I'd think it was funny and watching the GF get territorial is always a huge turn on for me.

garbage

I freely admit that I like "gathering information" on people I'm interested in, but only if I think there's mutual interest--as a friendship, relationship, whatever--and only if I see them in other contexts anyway.

I figure that putting stuff on an online profile is just a "one-stop shop" for one's interest, one of many tools that you can use to get to know someone. I like knowing what other people are interested in, and I like when they know what I'm interested in. Since not everything's going to come up in conversation, online profiles might spark some "huh, neat " moments that might not have been available otherwise.

Where I draw the line is that Googling someone and collecting information that's out of their control is somewhat of an invasion of privacy, where looking at an online profile or websites that they created and want to show the world really isn't.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'll occasionally check in on one of my enemies to make sure she's still getting fatter and fatter as time goes by

My facebook page really offers very little information to anyone who would want to stalk me though- they'd know that I live in indy, where I graduated from and that the only thing I really do on facebook is play farmville... I don't beleive in putting personal info out for the public to see
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett