User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunward View Post
    I've had other people upload pictures of me and tag me in them against my wishes.
    Well, yes, the only solid "cure" for this is not to take pictures of yourself because they might "leak". People can be idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    My facebook certainly doesn't have pics or info I wouldn't want anyone to know about. So I'm cool with a facebook stalk on me, I just want to understand what a person gets out of that kind of investigation for themselves since I don't understand it.

I like to get to know people without investigating them, maybe I'm doing it the wrong way, and the investigators are doing it the right way.........
    I think it has to do with being in control. Communication is a two-way street, you have to give something to get something. This one-sided search for information is meant for getting to know people on their own terms without disclosing anything about themselves.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunward View Post
    I've had other people upload pictures of me and tag me in them against my wishes.
    I know of no way to stop this, but you can prevent your own friends from seeing tagged images of you. I'm tagged in a few photos, none of my friends can see them, but her friends can.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Well, yes, the only solid "cure" for this is not to take pictures of yourself because they might "leak". People can be idiots.
    I didn't take the pictures. Half the pictures on Facebook of me I didn't know of until I saw them on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I know of no way to stop this, but you can prevent your own friends from seeing tagged images of you. I'm tagged in a few photos, none of my friends can see them, but her friends can.
    I didn't use Facebook except to respond to messages (so basically email). So I just deleted all my pictures, profile information, then had my profile scheduled for permanent removal from their backups and everything. Probably not an unwise thing to do if I ever fall into the public eye some day.

Idiots who I know are stalking me across a couple of forums and Amazon try to friend me different times on Facebook and they probably stalk me and look at updates if they can see them (I changed that setting lately and one of them went beserk on my Amazon reviews again).

Ultimately they're sad bastards who spend their entire lives being ignored by others therefore they try and get sick ass thrills from stalking.

Of people tempted to get obsessive about their friends, surely that's a bad thing? Surely you've got to have some sort of an internal alarm going of if you get like that? Its an unhealthy and way too intense way of relating to others. I've been trying to cut back on my time online lately, the games on Facebook are addictive and require you to visit just about every single day.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I need to clean up my facebook. I'm well known in a virtual world and I have probably 20 people on my facebook that I don't know but who added me because I'm "Elaur." How do I change the settings?

Berbs: I think the term "facebook stalking" is mostly a joke. You can just read what someone is doing. If you don't really want them to then limit what you post or limit what they can see.

I think "facebook obsessed stalker" is more what the people who click through all the conversations would be. I would rather take someone off my facebook list than be stressed enough about their activity to be an obsessed stalker.

For me, it's the same as watching my friends interact with each other in real life. I'm an Si/Fe individual. It's natural for me to 'collect' information on my friends and increase understanding of what sort of individual they are. I'll admit, I'm sort of intense with the people I want to be friends with. If I'm not interested in an individual, then it's unlikely that I'll even be friends with that person.

Yes, I'm watching your every step. *google eyes*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Yeah, I never update my facebook, and desactivated it a few times already. I only keep it alive because of some school related groups.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Well i definitely made mention of it being a stalking tool.

My 'stalking' started way earlier than Facebook with the simple magic of profiles, usernames, and a browser. Now it's all out of habit.
    I don't care about every little detail, but if i am interested in them / talking to them / haven't been in touch for a while then i like to get a better gauge on who they are and what is going on in their life.

Sometimes there are deeper reasons for the stalking. These usually pertain to my significant others or exes.
    I've found a lot of interesting lies and manipulation this way. Other times, it is to let the end of a relationship sink in. Maybe i'm just odd and invasive, but it's not as though it's a secret.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENTP

It should be noted that there is a difference between stalking and lurking. Lurking is what nearly anyone who has been called a stalker is actually doing. It can be cute, creepy, annoying, or whatever, but it isn't severe.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    INFP

^

I thought lurking was reading threads but not responding
    Stalking is following specific individuals