User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: facebook?

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    As for friends, it just keeps the line of communication uncomfortably open.
    Yup. That's why I got rid of everything a few months ago. *sigh of relief*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

things facebook is good for:

- stalking/gathering information on people
    - getting to know a side of people they normally may not show but for some reason feel safe showing it over the internet.
    - finding out some girl you dislike is pregnant, lol
    - seeing your 'friend's drunk pictures. Bonus points if they're underage.
    - feeling alienated
    - blurring the line between 'friend' and 'acquaintance' and 'who the fuck are you I don't even know you'
    - showing off your life to other people. I know people who carry around cameras secretly for this purpose. Although phones make this a lot more discreet.

There are good things about social networking for sure, but I can't help but notice it is often doing the opposite thing it was meant to accomplish.

Although It is cool to hear what your real friends are thinking about and have to say through statuses, notes/artwork they put up, their bio's, etc. As long as it's not too boring: "x is going to the post office" etc. Get outta here with that boring filler stuff.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

The point of Facebook is to keep in touch with all past and present relations. This goes against my intention of keeping them out of my life. That, and I have absolutely no interest in what is going on in their lives, so getting an account would be pointless.

My girlfriend recently got it, and now I feel pressured in joining. But this would make me look needy and spineless, joining at the same time as her. But if I don't get it, it will gradually consume her entire personal life, like it seems to do with everyone else. Eh. I think I'll take my chances and remain Facebookless. If I want to get in touch, I'll use skype.
    Um, yeah.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I deleted my Facebookaccount a while ago. It was such a release! Wehen I had Facebook, then all of the sudden all these old friends from the past wanted to add me and stuff (I accepted their invitations, stupid me) and then they wanted to stay in touch again. It makes me feel like I'm living in the past and I'm just not the kind of person who likes that. I'm more of a future oriented person, when I start thinking about the past I start to romanticize it like it was some kind of heaven while I know it wasn't. So in order to be able to leave all the old stuff from the past behind (including people), I deleted that account.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP

I might cancel my account because I'm getting facebook anxiety!

Friends I haven't seen for a decade.. friends I'm not sure even like me.. family requests I've deleted photos to accept..

I was on facebook and a chat box popped up and my cousin in Ireland began a serious convo out of nowhere! I just closed the box and went "offline" (didn't know I was online!). Talk about invasive!

I was like, wow this program is way too much for my social anxiety.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Stalker Tool v2.1

It's easy access to old friends you may/may not want to get together with again.
    Easy sharing of content (youtube videos, images, random thoughts, etc).
    It bridges the distance between people, while still keeping a distance.
    You can keep up with other people's lives without having to listen to them blather about it.
    You can choose what tidbits of their lives you want to comment on or not and it's not expected of you.

For me, i've used it for those things and planning events. The random quizzes can be amusing. The reminders for birthdays/things i'm attending are cool. Facebook chat makes it easier to talk to my Mom or a friend who is at work.

Half of this makes me sound like such a bad enfj. Perhaps i make up for it with my stalk-o-vision (perhaps)
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    My girlfriend recently got it, and now I feel pressured in joining. But this would make me look needy and spineless, joining at the same time as her. But if I don't get it, it will gradually consume her entire personal life, like it seems to do with everyone else. Eh. I think I'll take my chances and remain Facebookless. If I want to get in touch, I'll use skype.
    You coul always set up a fake account for stalking purposes.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    yupp

it's good for party invites. and keeping in touch like others have sad. I don't post alot of personal shit on their. and it's also awesome to send my room mate a link from across the room to.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I like slightly like facebook for the reason that I live far away from my few friends and my family. So it's nice to keep up to date with them. I never do the "chat" thing tough, I make sure I'm off line now. I had a similar thing happen as disregard, and I didn't like it at all because I had to talk to them. I don't enjoy the options of either being forced to talk with people, or if you don't you are seen as being rude.
    I'm not on it so much any more though.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, I jumped ship.

The reason I don't like facebook is the reason I don't like having friends or walls on this site.