User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MBTI & Scrabble

Senior Member Array

I'm decent enough at Scrabble. My score tends to rise higher when I'm playing someone at or above my skill level. It's the whole competition thing. I tend to play very strategically. My ENFP best friend refuses to play with me. She says I take all of the fun out of it. haha.

My INTP buddy dominates me in Scrabble, though. He was up by 70 points during our last game, then I caught up and was up by about 10, and then he beat me by 30 in his last 2 moves. It was a sad, sad day.

My ESTP mother is amazingly good at Scrabble. I'm unsure of my step father's type, but he seems to be some sort of ExTx. He is also an amazing Scrabble player - better than both my mom & me. My INFP brother could care less and rarely participates in our family Scrabble games.

I wonder if it's a Ti thing...

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I think it's more a case of resenting it and getting cross when others take that attitude towards them, sorta not being able to not take it personally. At least, it's that way and always was with my ESFJ sister, and though obviously that's not the same as ENFJ, I think it's still the Fe that makes her that way. She was always notorious in the family for being a terrible sport - always the one to knock the board over/pretend she rolled a six and not let anyone see the dice/cheat in other ways and then get REALLY mad when anyone challenged her.

Even now, in their 20's, her and my ENFJ sister are just the same with games - they start pouting if you play to win, and seem to genuinely get upset and think you're 'mean' for trying to beat them. That's what I meant about how they just don't seem to 'get' the point of competition.

My mom is ESFJ though, and she's a really good sport - and really good at Scrabble too
    It's possible you could be right but even when no one is "rubbing it in" he still gets upset.

I hope he will eventually mature his way out of it.

insert random title here Array Randomnity's Avatar
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post

Anyone else for a game, or are y'all chicken?
    I'm up for a game. do we 'meet up' on the scrabulous thing?

~dangerous curves ahead~ Array

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm up for a game. do we 'meet up' on the scrabulous thing?
    you'd need the email address of the person you want to play a game with. (PM)

Then on the scrabulous site, select "email version". You'll be asked to key in the player(s)'s email addresses and your own.

You'll be able to select the dictionary and game type.

Each player will then be sent a private email link.

You could also choose to play live, but given time zone differences, email may work better.

good luck with sub. lol.