User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: MBTI & Scrabble

MBTI
    ENTP

Okay, the tournament results are here.

I've got, as I said, all kinds of other figures, so if anyone wants to know one, pretty much just as me if I've got them and I'll give them, but I'm not gonna sit here and upload everything if no bugger's interested
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't think stats where N=1 or 2, and type is not necessarily accurate, are all that relevant.

I will add though that my ENTP friend beats me at scrabble probably 95% of the time, my INFJ friend and I are pretty evenly matched, and I beat my ESFJ friend about 80% of the time. For what it's worth. I've played probably dozens of games with each of them over the past few months...which is why I love the facebook app. Oh and I beat my INTJ friend badly once and he never played with me again .

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Raised on Scrabble! But hated playing against my mother who's an English teacher (no fair! boo!)
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Raised on Scrabble! But hated playing against my mother who's an English teacher (no fair! boo!)
    Interestingly, the club has over 50 members in total, and of the 48 who took the tests this week, not one came out as ENFJ

The only other type not represented there is ISFP.

There are the most ENxP's and xSTJ's, and altogether 5 INTP's.

Randomnity - I think that the N=not many may be significant in indicating the appeal of that club to different types - it could be that the types either not there at all or only in small numbers tell us they're not attracted to that kind of thing, and it'd be interesting to debate possible reasons for that.

The club's been going for over 20 years, and it's interesting to note that although Rachel the INFJ has been going for 16 years and is top of the rankings, the one in third place is an ISTJ of 21 who has only been going for 2 years.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Interestingly, the club has over 50 members in total, and of the 48 who took the tests this week, not one came out as ENFJ

Interesting and telling! But NFJs are supposed to love words! Tis a puzzlement. I'd get down with some Scrabble!
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENTP

Interesting and telling! But NFJs are supposed to love words! Tis a puzzlement. I'd get down with some Scrabble!
    Hm yeah, but I think ENFJ's don't like losing... at least, they'll say things like it's not fair if their opponent beats them because they're better than them, and talk about 'unfair advantages' and stuff like that.

Seriously though, I do think sometimes that the ENFJ's I know don't really seem to get/understand the point of competition... not generalising all ENFJ's here, just talking about the ones I know.

MBTI
    ISTP

Just a little math - the probability of there being no ENFJ is about 18%. I'm more surprised at the ISFP - only a 3% chance of that.

I know, I know... ENFJs love word problems... but even if they were to be over represented, it's not incredibly unlikely. (I believe Ns would be over represented, but it would likely be P>J that are good/enjoy it... I don't think E/F plays much of a part... FWIW, of course)

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Randomnity - I think that the N=not many may be significant in indicating the appeal of that club to different types - it could be that the types either not there at all or only in small numbers tell us they're not attracted to that kind of thing, and it'd be interesting to debate possible reasons for that.
    I agree w/ where I think you're going w/ this -- I'm thinking the types who DO frequent the club setting would be more telling. I personally don't have much interest in clubs of any sort, as my track record with having the interest in pursuing extracurricular organizations is very poor. :-) I tend to get bored with them, and in general it's tough to get me motivated to attend an 'event'/'club' on a regular basis. It's just the whole group setting perhaps, or maybe the formality; I like to geek out on my own.

I like playing with just friends and family. Competitively.

Interesting tournament results though -- what caught my eye was a lot of E's, and a lot of ISTx's. But I didn't count any of them - they just popped out at me.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Hm yeah, but I think ENFJ's don't like losing... at least, they'll say things like it's not fair if their opponent beats them because they're better than them, and talk about 'unfair advantages' and stuff like that.

Seriously though, I do think sometimes that the ENFJ's I know don't really seem to get/understand the point of competition... not generalising all ENFJ's here, just talking about the ones I know.
    Yikes. Those don't sound like ENFJs. Those sound like poor sports! I mean, just because I stand up, set the table on fire, turn it over, and declare every one in the room as my personal slave/valet/poolboy/bff, well that's simply coincidence.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Yikes. Those don't sound like ENFJs. Those sound like poor sports! I mean, just because I stand up, set the table on fire, turn it over, and declare every one in the room as my personal slave/valet/poolboy/bff, well that's simply coincidence.
    I think you would be a scary Mistress
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]