First 1234 Last

Thread: Forum trolls

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    ...but I've confessed that I once trolled the NeoBoards. Winding pre-adolescents up is as entertaining as it is easy. Too easy, in fact. I grew bored of it.
    So that was YOU!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by inebriato View Post
    I don't mean to sound completely stupid when I ask, what is a troll? I feel as if I have missed out on something.
    Troll
    Size/Type: Large Giant
    Hit Dice: 6d8+36 (63 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 16 (–1 size, +2 Dex, +5 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+14
    Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+6)
    Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+6) and bite +4 melee (1d6+3)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Rend 2d6+9
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 90 ft., low-light vision, regeneration 5, scent
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 23, Dex 14, Con 23, Int 6, Wis 9, Cha 6
    Skills: Listen +5, Spot +6
    Feats: Alertness, Iron Will, Track
    Environment: Cold mountains
    Organization: Solitary or gang (2–4)
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: +5

Trolls walk upright but hunched forward with sagging shoulders. Their gait is uneven, and when they run, their arms dangle and drag along the ground. For all this seeming awkwardness, trolls are very agile.

A typical adult troll stands 9 feet tall and weighs 500 pounds. Females are slightly larger than males. A troll’s rubbery hide is moss green, mottled green and gray, or putrid gray. The hair is usually greenish black or iron gray.

Trolls speak Giant.

Combat

Trolls have no fear of death: They launch themselves into combat without hesitation, flailing wildly at the closest opponent. Even when confronted with fire, they try to get around the flames and attack.

Rend (Ex): If a troll hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 2d6+9 points of damage.

Regeneration (Ex): Fire and acid deal normal damage to a troll. If a troll loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You're such a troll, evil robot.

That is a nasty piece of work that troll manifesto alright, in my experience trolls dont just stick to forums but any place they can get an airing, Amazon has them in spades and the internet, unlike real life, doesnt come close with the sorts of social ques and messages which would lead to people like that having a clue they should control their unacceptable shit.

At the root I think there's a combination of low level narcissism and rank social incompetence, most of them will make appeals to an imaginary supportive or like minded gallery of onlookers or others, this is pretty common in debates but not restricted to them.

They use the kind of language and insults which they imagine are roguishly charming but they are away off base and in person would either earn a thump or result in their being isolated because people simply walk away. Its a little like when you see a child who's over stimulated in a social setting and says or does the most inappropriate things for laughs, which if they recall with any clarity they will end up cringing about long after the event.

There's also evident deficits in self-regulation of affect or emotion, have you even seen small children in a nursery in which on slaps one on the back of the head and laughs, the one receiving the slap doesnt want to experience the emotional hurt so they turn and perform the same thing on a neighbouring child. The internet enables older children and adults who have the same personality structure to pay forward their emotional states in the same way. Get online and visit all your real or imagined slights or dissing upon others. There's lots of victims turned bullies online.

The things about jokes and humour is that they need to be shared, its a little like language, you could create an entirely private one known only to your self but what would the point of that be?

If those you are interacting with dont see the joke and cant get the humour dont automatically assume a fault on their part, sometimes it really is just you, and if you've been acting like that for a while and the "birds come home to roost" and you earn the troll label and dont like it then you could indeed be a "failed troll" because genuine trolls are either so far out of touch or such douches that they dont give a shit about the label even.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm not a troll, I just say things that piss people off.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram

This thread sucks, get a new one

JK, this theard is great, make more =D
    Kindblue,from globalchatter...
    And still wonders were it has gone...

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    I'm not a troll, I just say things that piss people off.
    You're just plain cute.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    You're just plain cute.
    Hey hey! Do not accuse me of cuteness! I am a big scaaaaary person, rawr!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Hey hey! Do not accuse me of cuteness! I am a big scaaaaary person, rawr!

Just kidding.