4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Dont overdo "your momma" jokes
    Is it possible to overdo your mom?

Wait.. wait... Your Face!

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Would you please share what you perceive to be the correct way of conducting yourself on a forum, in detail, if possible?

I'm interested in responses covering private messaging, debate, flattery, "friendship", inquiries, comments, others' blogs, the size and emphasis of your text, you-name-it.
    Don't be an ass like i am 80% of the time.

On a serious note, i am fine with the majority of happenings on a forum as long as people don't abuse text alterations or use the smileys in place of words frequently.
    I usually don't PM anyone unless it is asked for, i am PMed first, or it is very personal, but i like the ease of visitor messages and reputation so that's why. Without those, i would PM people.
    A lot is subjective. Decent communication should just be a forum etiquette guideline.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Never be rude unless someone else was asking for it, and then attempt to do so in as polite of a manner as possible (being unnecissarily rude to someone who did not deserve it, saying that f%^&ing children is a good idea or being willfully idiotic = asking for it!)

do not post long blocks of text unless you want to weed out 90% of the forum as readers

rep leads to wall comment leads to pm- that's the order of communication succession generally

I'm perfectly willing to respond to people who leave me messages, though I may not always be prompt (I try to be though!)

keep the excessive flirting to private means of communication- too much icky sticky sweetness on the forum is gag inducing

that's off the top of my head right now!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    keep the excessive flirting to private means of communication- too much icky sticky sweetness on the forum is gag inducing

I hate when threads turn into pages of this....

Oh...don't use reps to passive-aggressively leave a negative comment to someone. Grow a spine and reply in the thread or send a message. That hasn't been a problem in my experience here, but on another board I used to post at people could leave anonymous rep comments and it was more like to happen.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Love thine neighbor as thine self.

What? I am your brother, you know it to be true! And if you consider that carefully, you will act accordingly, thus solving the need for ettiquete and social rules.

Ettiquete is intended to deal with people and their problems with each other. If people deal with their problems, they have no reason to hide their true feelings behind a false smile, a slight bow, and a paultry or overgripped hand-shake.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

- Blogs tends to be the person's personal space, so tread softly there when offering advice or disagreement.

- It's nice to rep someone when it would either interrupt the flow of the thread, if you would like to invite further conversation, or you want the person to know that you like what they wrote. No reply is necessary, but if you choose to, it often leads to visiting more and getting to be a bigger part of the community.

- Generally if someone is getting catty or rude, it is better just to not respond or deal with it via wall/PM. People don't want to read pages of sniping back and forth and it usually is unproductive.

- On the few occasions where it is appropriate to stand your ground with someone, try to keep it respectful and focus on the issue at hand and their treatment of it. Resorting to name calling, patronizing pet names, announcing you are bored and are leaving the conversation (then jumping back in to get the last word), or profanity weakens your argument and is more likely to make you look foolish. Generally everyone on the board can see when someone is behaving stupidly and so your honour really isn't at stake.

- Take into account that people are filtering your words through their own lens of experience and that there are also other things going on in their lives. There are a variety of ages and backgrounds of people on the forum which affect the way they react. Don't take negative stuff very personally because it often has more to do with them than you.

- People will more often read concise or humorous posts. (I'm wordy and often serious...regrettably!).

- The more you interact privately, the more likely people are to respond to what you say within a thread as well.

- If you mess up, it's better to fess up. Most people here know the rules: no dupe accounts, no trolling etc. If you do something dumb, you are better acknowledging it than having others confront you over it.

- Friending really doesn't make a lot of difference but it is an expression of appreciation or interest in the person you are friending. As such, it allows you to connect with more people if you have had a few good wall exchanges or PMs or consistently appreciated what they have said in their posts.

- If for some reason you misname a thread, post a duplicate thread or put something in the wrong place, say so in the thread and a mod will soon fix it, or else message one of them. If you have a question, they're pretty happy to help out.

- If something inappropriate/against policy is going on in a thread, there is a report post feature at the bottom left hand corner of each post. (I didn't know about it until a little while ago!) and you can add your comments.

MBTI
    INXP

tl;dr

/ironic lack of etiquette.

MBTI
    INTj

Refrain from doing anything that I do and you'll be fine.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Etiquette intrigues me. Not in an "I have under-developed Fe" sense.. I simply think there is intrinsic merit to being poised and proper.

Would you please share what you perceive to be the correct way of conducting yourself on a forum, in detail, if possible?

I'm interested in responses covering private messaging, debate, flattery, "friendship", inquiries, comments, others' blogs, the size and emphasis of your text, you-name-it.

my brain hurts now, thanks!

MBTI
    ISTP

be yourself and dont be stupid

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

And dont overdo disappoint jokes !

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]