7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default Daydreaming

Do you daydream?

Have you always?

Are there times you daydream more?

What does it mean to you to daydream?

I don't daydream and I always thought that maybe it was just introverts that do. My mom (ESP) just told me that she day dreams all the time. I think about stuff all the time but I never actually day dream. I hardly even understand what it means to daydream.
    Last edited by Laurie; 01-25-2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Stoopid error

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

inb4 NF fest

I do it all the time, always have. The only time I do it less is when I'm involved in something that keeps my interest obviously. Daydreaming involves running situations/ideas in my head while awake but being disconnected from 'reality'. This picture sums up my life:

just insert 'drawing on everything' in there somewhere. I think everyone does it in different ways.

I daydream several times and very often during the day

Phantonym

Do you daydream?

Yes. *insert blissful smile*

Have you always?

Yes.

Are there times you day dream more?

I can daydream absolutely anywhere and any time, regardless of my emotional state. But I think I do it more during stressful times because then I use daydreaming deliberately as an escape from the reality and it doesn't involve doing something for entertainment, like going to the movies or choosing a book. I can just stare at a ceiling and whoa...an hour...two...have passed. Procrastination, ftw.

What does it mean to you to day dream.

For me, daydreaming is like going through a scenario I've cooked up myself. It doesn't happen spontaneously. I start thinking about something scene by scene, trying to envision all the details, and usually failing at it because one thought creates another and everything just starts to live its own life. I'm like the puppeteer but sometimes the strings get all twisted. And then I can just fast forward, rewind, stop, whatever. My mental remote control is one helluva scene flipper. But I'm always myself in my daydreams, I don't take on some mystical or superhero persona.

Daydreaming calms me, I can relax and I enter a state where absolutely anything can happen, I can play through scenarios that I wouldn't want to go through in "real life". Daydreaming gives me energy.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    inb4 NF fest

I do it all the time, always have. The only time I do it less is when I'm involved in something that keeps my interest obviously. Daydreaming involves running situations/ideas in my head while awake but being disconnected from 'reality'. This picture sums up my life:

just insert 'drawing on everything' in there somewhere. I think everyone does it in different ways.
    This is totality me... I which I could stop time or have super speed sometimes, cause I cant seem to keep up with time...
    Kindblue,from globalchatter...
    And still wonders were it has gone...

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Do you daydream?

Yes. Frequently. I'm daydreaming now.

Have you always?

Ever since I can remember.

The more stressed I am, the more prone to daydreaming I am. It becomes a way to 'escape'. When totally unstressed, I'm doing things and being around people more often. I daydream too, but I channel it into other things.

At its worst, it is distracting, guilt creating, time wasting, and indulgent of my Fi-Si loop. At its best, it stimulates my thoughts/ideas and motivates me to develop and share them.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudblue View Post
    This is totality me... I which I could stop time or have super speed sometimes, cause I cant seem to keep up with time...
    isn't it though? Does everyone do this? I don't care if it's perverted, but I would do that all the time if I could stop time.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Do you daydream?
    Yes, I think most people do.
    Have you always?
    Yes, moreso as a kid.
    During times of depression or boredom or great stress.
    It's really important. I think the difference between me and some strong N's is that my daydreams tend to be very based in reality. My daydreams usually include something great but incorporate reality in a way that the daydream may seem real, or possible within the year. They are often a way with coping with something difficult and seeing myself where I could be if things were perfect soon. My dreams at night tend to be the same way, very realistic. The only thing that makes my dreams "dreamlike" is that everything is going exactly the way that I want them to. Sometimes if things get unattainable the daydream stops all of a sudden and that dumb overly realistic voice in my head says, "That would never happen." Or sometimes it even stops for a reason like the tiny voice saying. "You are smoking in your daydream, smoking causes cancer." And my brain has to fix it to be possible so that the dream can resume.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

"If I could stop time I would totally hit that guy over the head with a ream of paper" is daydreaming? Daydreaming isn't actually envisioning hitting the guy over the head with a ream of paper?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by wikiwikiwikkkiii
    A daydream is a visionary fantasy experienced while awake, especially one of happy, pleasant thoughts, hopes or ambitions.[1] There are so many different types of daydreaming that there is still no consensus definition amongst psychologists.[1] While daydreams may include fantasies about future scenarios or plans, reminiscences about past experiences, or vivid dream-like images, they are often connected with some type of emotion.

While daydreaming has long been derided as a lazy, non-productive pastime, daydreaming can be constructive in some contexts. There are numerous examples of people in creative or artistic careers, such as composers, novelists and filmmakers, developing new ideas through daydreaming. Similarly, research scientists, mathematicians and physicists have developed new ideas by daydreaming about their subject areas.
    Not sure what that even means, just more info.