MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Introspection is like daydreams.

You speculate and hence fall into a zone that constitutes an introspective thought/daydream whereby your thinking and visualising something into fruition. Just like daydreaming to imagine and visualise a source of creativity to escape from reality to return to reality. Introspection is a vehicle into the subconscious as is daydreaming a vehicle into the subconscious. And yes I do both.
    Exactly, I spend tons of time doing introspection. I have to wonder if some people are answering whether they do introspection.

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Introspection is the self-observation and reporting of conscious inner thoughts, desires and sensations. It is a conscious mental and usually purposive process relying on thinking, reasoning, and examining one's own thoughts, feelings, and, in more spiritual cases, one's soul. It can also be called contemplation of one's self, and is contrasted with extrospection, the observation of things external to one's self. Introspection may be used synonymously with self-reflection and used in a similar way.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Exactly, I spend tons of time doing introspection. I have to wonder if some people are answering whether they do introspection.
    I think that is what I was thinking of. It's not really day dreaming so to speak.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

So you don't think you daydream? Or you mean other people in the thread?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunward View Post
    I daydream several times and very often during the day
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I'am a daydreamer. I have always been a daydreamer.
    There are questions! Follow the rooles!

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    This is what I think of as "classic" daydreaming. Trying to control a story. So far you and short appear to be the only ones actually creating a story in your head. Even if I'm "writing a book" in my head I'm still just doing it in words, not visualizing.
    This actually coincides with this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...hing-else.html

I don't think in words but feelings, the stories I create during daydreaming are multiple feelings that click and create images in my mind.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah I was talking to someone who thinks in words but not visuals. I guess it is possible that there are different ways to daydream depending on your type of thinking. I know I've envisioned things and think about alternates but I don't "build" anything.

I can see pictures from the past in my head but even in those the visuals are very strange, short snippets more like a snapshot than a video.

Do you daydream?

Yes

Have you always?

Yes

Are there times you daydream more?

No, I can't make myself daydream. I can visualise any time but it isn't the same.

What does it mean to you to daydream?

Some imagined scenario in my mind where I am in can control of how things go. It is like I am part of it but it is also a little like I am watching it.

My daydreams are often about fighting. Imaging a situation and playing with my reactions to it in my mind. I experience a physical rush from daydreaming too. Not all my daydreams are about fighting but they are all about some imagined scenario from life. A small short scenario.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm usually pretty mentally unattached from my surroundings, but my brain isn't busy with the stereotypical fantasy type daydream

usually I'm-
    *pondering sex
    *thinking about tasty food (good at almost tasting it when thinking of it)
    *replaying a conversation I took part in, but didn't really pay attention to, wondering if I missed anything of vital importance
    *mentally criticizing a movie I have recently seen- complete with mental replay of important scenes!
    *thinking through something recently I had just learned- be it a National Geographic article or a list of urban legends and playing the mental connection game

my thoughts are usually based on all of the senses, not just words- it makes it a lot more interesting to think of pineapple when you can almost taste it and feel its texture when thinking about it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur
    Yeah I was talking to someone who thinks in words but not visuals. I guess it is possible that there are different ways to daydream depending on your type of thinking. I know I've envisioned things and think about alternates but I don't "build" anything.

I can see pictures from the past in my head but even in those the visuals are very strange, short snippets more like a snapshot than a video.
    Yes to different ways to daydream. Words when you speak them manifest in dreams as can music and sounds and smells and scents and emotions and thoughts and actions and reactions. Its part of being human, the intimate nature to which the personal experience transforms into the daydream just like our dreams except it is a different medium to recharge, renew and reinvent and collect our thoughts and ideas and emotions.

I wrote about this somewhere before, differently.

Daydreams may be needed more for introversion as a means to introspect out of our reality to recharge the batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever
    I'm usually pretty mentally unattached from my surroundings, but my brain isn't busy with the stereotypical fantasy type daydream

usually I'm-
    *pondering sex
    *thinking about tasty food (good at almost tasting it when thinking of it)
    *replaying a conversation I took part in, but didn't really pay attention to, wondering if I missed anything of vital importance
    *mentally criticizing a movie I have recently seen- complete with mental replay of important scenes!
    *thinking through something recently I had just learned- be it a National Geographic article or a list of urban legends and playing the mental connection game

my thoughts are usually based on all of the senses, not just words- it makes it a lot more interesting to think of pineapple when you can almost taste it and feel its texture when thinking about it
    And this is most certainly part of it.

I found this about daydreams too.

When your brain is supposedly doing nothing and daydreaming, its really doing a tremendous amount. We call it the resting state, but the brain isnt resting at all.

Every time we slip effortlessly into a daydream, a distinct pattern of brain areas is activated, which is known as the default network. Studies show that this network is most engaged when people are performing tasks that require little conscious attention, such as routine driving on the highway or reading a tedious text. Although such mental trances are often seen as a sign of lethargy - we are staring haplessly into space - the cortex is actually very active during this default state, as numerous brain regions interact. Instead of responding to the outside world, the brain starts to contemplate its internal landscape. This is when new and creative connections are made between seemingly unrelated ideas.

In recent years, however, scientists have begun to see the act of daydreaming very differently. They've demonstrated that daydreaming is a fundamental feature of the human mind - so fundamental, in fact, that it's often referred to as our "default" mode of thought. Many scientists argue that daydreaming is a crucial tool for creativity, a thought process that allows the brain to make new associations and connections. Instead of focusing on our immediate surroundings - such as the message of a church sermon - the daydreaming mind is free to engage in abstract thought and imaginative ramblings. As a result, we're able to imagine things that don't actually exist, like sticky yellow bookmarks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

IMO I utilize two types of daydreaming:

(1) When I was younger, I'd place myself within very mundane alternate realities (still a normal world, but I lived with a different family, in a different city, with a different background, with a different skillset, etc.)--much like children learn emotions through reading novels and testing them out with the characters, I... well, I was a voracious reader, but I also didn't need any books. I probably have 12 different situations that I still accidentally stumble upon in my mind from time to time--very elaborately charted out.

(2) I still do this to relax most days (moreso thinking about future life scenarios rather than fictional ones, though I probably still dip back into those familiar alter-realities I built for at least 2 hours/week.

I told my extraordinarily ENFP friend about this, as he was *known* school-wide, for being a daydreamer, thinking he would relate, and I was surprised to find out that he didn't have alter-realities where he tried out different actions/behaviours/ways of being/pushing their own life experiences and playing them out to see how to react.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis