123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Your First Job (Menial labor)

What was your first "job" like? Preferably the type of jobs you had before you were 18 (or after if they were particularly menial i.e. like the deli job in the movie "The Wrestler"
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I was a receptionist at my church. I was paid very well for someone who'd never worked before, but GAH! I hated sitting in a chair for 8 hours doing nothing but wait for people to call me. Plus I hated talking to the people over the phone. The people I worked with were wonderful though, it was a great work place. But I just hated the actual job I had to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I actually had a job kinda like that during college and it helped me stay focused. Dispatching for a security company. Terror mixed with mostly tedium.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I had a job as a cassier at a DIYstore. I quit after a few weeks, because I didn't like the way I was treated by my bosses. They were pretending that I was a retard and they weren't showing any respect towards me.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

My first job was scooping ice cream at a Baskin Robbins. Let me tell you that trying to scoop Rocky Road is a serious pain.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I worked in a garage for six weeks over summer holidays and had to change oil all day -.-
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

First menial job was in the mailroom of a corporation over one of my summers during college. That was awesome.

Sadly, I ended up kind of revisiting a similar job post-college for a bit. Gotta love having to start at utmost bottom peon job in a company.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Phantonym

I started working when I was 13, piecing out Christmas ornaments. I was working at home, so that basically meant that I got to watch TV or listen to music and think/dream all day long if I wanted to while making the best of my dexterity and getting paid for it as well. I ended up doing that job for ten years because the pay was fairly decent (for a teenager/college student living with parents) and I had so much freedom, I did it whenever I felt like it, there was no pressure.

I had a paper route when I was 11, but my first job job was working at Wendy's. Ick. They made us wear striped shirts and striped beanie hats. I felt like a tool.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I worked in the college cafeteria. Oh lord it sucked. (I'm pretty sure I wrote a long post in some other thread describing how awful it was, so I'm not going to do it here.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    First menial job was in the mailroom of a corporation over one of my summers during college. That was awesome.
    My second job was working in the college mail center. I looooved it. It makes me feel like a huge nerd to say that. haha