User Tag List

First 1234 Last

garbage

Kroger. Groceries. :steam:.

I was an idiot and jumped from a bagger position to a cashier position for a 5 cent raise pretty early on. I didn't get tips as a cashier, where I did as a bagger, so I got paid less for more work.

Oh, and the union completely hid the fact that they covered employees for free for the first few months, so I joined early; they siphoned from my paycheck and I got nothing in return.

The company could still apparently schedule me, a high-school student, 35+ hours a week. So I'm not sure what the union actually did other than take money from people.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I worked in a pawn shop during high school. It was definitely eye opening.

math tutoring...started when i was 15.. best paid job until now, still like it...

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Ummmm...since I didn't last long at any of them, I shall list several. Paperboy, McDonald's minimum wage slave, dishwasher at a bakery, patio furniture assembler, grease trap cleaner at Burger King(late night job).

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Horse riding instructor and groom at the tourist place at the age of 15. Hard job both mentally and physically, but at least I did what I wanted to do and sometimes got pretty nice money out of it.
    Oh yeah?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

farm labor... unusually for a farm kid, I got paid for some of it! (and paid well... ~$100/hr )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I worked like 6 different lame jobs before I hit 18.

Pizza stores, grocery stores, telemarketing, and I think I worked at a theme park, but that may have been a dream.

MBTI
    SEXY

News paper route.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Kroger. Groceries. :steam:.

I was an idiot and jumped from a bagger position to a cashier position for a 5 cent raise pretty early on. I didn't get tips as a cashier, where I did as a bagger, so I got paid less for more work.

Oh, and the union completely hid the fact that they covered employees for free for the first few months, so I joined early; they siphoned from my paycheck and I got nothing in return.

The company could still apparently schedule me, a high-school student, 35+ hours a week. So I'm not sure what the union actually did other than take money from people.

Kroger employees in my neck of the woods have told me the same thing about the union.

I did a little babysitting and stuff in high school, but my first real job, right out of high school, was working in the office of a carpet cleaning company. I did phone estimates and made appointments, did accounts payable and receivable, filing, payroll, scheduling, balancing the checking account (badly) etc. Computers weren't all over the place back then, so I did everything on paper.

I did the odd on-site estimate and drove the van when he was employing someone too young to drive. He also had me answering the phone for his sister's business and taking care of her pets when she was out of town.

I had no idea what my work was worth because I was a dumb kid, so I made $4.75/hr and that was after a couple of raises.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    1w2

My first job was at 15 at Starbucks and I loved it. I absolutely loved working the bar. Jeebus, I'm such a Jay! My bar was completely organized and I only allowed one other person to work with me because everybody else messed up my flow.

I had to get a work permit until I turned 16. All of my coworkers were 18-23 and they'd take me out with them after work and give me alcohol. I have them to thank for why I hate beer and didn't lose my mind in college. Hmmm, I've always been the youngest one of my friend since then...
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3