User Tag List

123 Last

Phantonym

Default How do you organize your books/DVDs/CDs/whatever stuff?

Alphabetizing? Colour coordination? Thematic? Intricate system that only you can understand? Do you even organize them? If so, then how do you do it? If not, why?

I shove them in any old how. I keep the ones I am into out where I can see them.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

"That pile over there."

Although I have since ripped all my DvDs to .avi or .mp4 and stuck them on a 1TB external drive hooked up to my PS3 for my watching pleasure and that's cut down on clutter tremendously.

MBTI
    INXP

Ewww.

MBTI
    INFP

They're not. I like the idea of having them in alphabetical order, but I can't be botherd, and would end up screwing it up no doubt. I'm kind of living with my boyfriend, but in my mum's house at the moment while she's kind of living with her boyfriend, while we save up for our own place (lol) but my boyfriend puts his all in alphabetical order, so when we move into our own place properly I'll probably just get him to do it and attempt it!
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

Sniffles

Wherever I can put them.

Phantonym

My "organizing":

Books - the idea of alphabetizing is appealing and I do have an alphabetized list of every single book I own in a Word file, but I use the thematic/colour coordinated approach to organizing my books. Basically, it's all about how it looks and that anything wouldn't bother me or stick out when I glance towards my bookshelves.

I don't collect DVD's or CD's. The few DVD's I own are shoved away in a drawer in my desk. All my music is on my external HDD in a single folder but I always make sure the file name is correctly entered. Sorted by name, thanks to two clicks.

Clothes are shoved into drawers/shelves in wardrobe, no folding. Kitchen and other stuff as well. However, I do know where everything is because items are "sorted" to my own liking.

MBTI
    INFP

The majority of my clothes (the ones I actually wear) are folded ON my drawers, because it's such a chore to hang them up in the wardrobe next to it. Gawd, that's bad, right!?
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

All my music is on iTunes, and I would like to have a Kindle with all my books on it. It would sure free up a lot of space. Meanwhile, my books are ... on the shelves. Usually.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I shove them in any old how. I keep the ones I am into out where I can see them.
    Handy.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    "That pile over there."

Although I have since ripped all my DvDs to .avi or .mp4 and stuck them on a 1TB external drive hooked up to my PS3 for my watching pleasure and that's cut down on clutter tremendously.
    Oh yes, I already have several external drives and it's so easy to organize them. Not much dusting either.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Ewww.
    Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Wherever I can put them.
    Convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    The majority of my clothes are folded ON my drawers, because it's such a chore to hang them up in the wardrobe next to it. Gawd, that's bad, right!?
    Nope, not bad at all. I've started to use the same approach recently. Why put them in when you're going to take them out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    All my music is on iTunes, and I would like to have a Kindle with all my books on it. It would sure free up a lot of space. Meanwhile, my books are ... on the shelves. Usually.
    Kindle sounds great when thinking about its capacity. But I'm always worried, with my collection of music, that I might lose the data. Books are in "solid" form. Sure, I could lose them in a fire or they get stolen but still, it feels more "secure" for than the data some odd reason.