User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I like the idea of ordering music autobiographically. I did do it but couldn't keep it up.

I have all my music on my ipod and I have playlists created and organized by mood... Haha, I'm so lame
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Why put them in when you're going to take them out anyway.
    Exactly! I do honestly see things like that as pointless. Even making the bed. I do sometimes make the bed, and do some of those kinds of things though, because I know it bothers my boyfriend, and my mum when she pops back.But in my mind, a bed is in a bedroom, which isn't on display unless you specifically go in there. And you just mess it up again that night, and it's just not an important thing to do!
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I have all my music on my ipod and I have playlists created and organized by mood... Haha, I'm so lame
    Not lame at all! I always start creating playlists to fit my different moods but give up because I find out that I like all my music, or rather each song changes my mood so it's impossible to stay on track of organizing any of them.

Not lame at all! I always start creating playlists to fit my different moods but give up because I find out that I like all my music, or rather each song changes my mood so it's impossible to stay on track of organizing any of them.
    When I'm in a particular mood I'll make the playlist. I also tend to want to stay in a particular mood so the music helps with that too
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    Exactly! I do honestly see things like that as pointless. Even making the bed. I do sometimes make the bed, and do some of those kinds of things though, because I know it bothers my boyfriend, and my mum when she pops back.But in my mind, a bed is in a bedroom, which isn't on display unless you specifically go in there. And you just mess it up again that night, and it's just not an important thing to do!
    Ha, yeah, I don't make my bed either. I do see doing most of the things to rigorously organize your stuff as a pointless waste of time. My strategy is to place everything in a neat way so that I can be satisfied with that and not constantly worry about organizing things. I hate clutter or when things look messy, so I just organize the "big things" once and never mess them up again.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Nope, not lame. I do it, too.

I used to organize it too by time of day: night, dawn, dusk, etc. I stopped though once my hard drive crashed and my iTunes library was erased (approx. 4,000 songs gone). After all the work I put into it, that was just a tragic story. I don't know if I can accept that type of defeat again.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Books: Thematically organized. Books by the same author next to eachother (which is a problem if the same author writes in different genres.)

Clothes: Organized by type of clothing, and then suborganized by color. (Even my socks are organized by color.)

DVDs: 2 different cathegories; divided into childrens and adults. Then suborganized by series, movies by the same director etc.

Towels: Organized by size and color.

Shoes: Organized by type of shoes, and then suborganized by color.

Bedsheets: Divided in two; guests and private

Kitchen cupboards/drawers: Organized by what occation things are used. (4 different types of dinnerware, 3 types of desertware (if that is a word.)

Garbage: Sorted into regular, organic, plastic and paper.

Generally my cupboards, shelves, wardrobes and closets are comletely organized, and the surfaces are messy because there is not enough time to organize everything according to my standards
    I have no sense of humour.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

DVDs if I can help it, I organize them by show/movie along with the date of release. Games I organize by console. CDs I don't organize. Books by subject matter, Comics by title and date of release.

MBTI
    INTJ

I once organized all our DVDs by genre, like you'd find them organized in a video store, but I'm married to a man who doesn't like to put things back where he got them from... *sigh* I tend not to do much organizing anymore, it gives me a tension headache when I see all my work lost at someone else's hand.