User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    It's difficult for me to group people into "likeable" and "not likeable". People just are and I observe them.

One policy I follow is that first, second, third, whatever impression can be false, there are always some underlying reasons to people's behaviour, so I try not to underestimate people and always give them a chance. People have better days, worse days, they change, so they might give off positive or negative vibes, depending on them and myself. Therefore, in a way, I "like" everybody because I want to see what will happen.

It's situational for me, something they say initially catches my eye, whether it's something funny, smart, insightful, fitting my mindset at that particular moment. I don't look at type at all. When a particular person catches my eye, I tend to "focus" on them for a while to get some kind of a picture of them, whenever they post in the threads, they just pop up more than others. When I have done that, I move on to somebody else and the previous ones are saved in the "bank". So, when I happen to encounter them again in threads, I immediately get the sense: "Oh, he/she gave me a positive/negative vibe the last time, what will it be this time?". It's like mapping people I observe.
    100% all of the above.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That's because you apparently don't have a sense of humor.
    And also because message content is secondary to a lot of people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    And also because message content is secondary to a lot of people.
    Or maybe you just don't understand the content.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Or maybe you just don't understand the content.
    I didn't say you can't both be funny and have content in your posts. I said that posts with content and devoid of humor are often given less credit than ones that lack content but feature humor.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I didn't say you can't both be funny and have content in your posts. I said that posts with content and devoid of humor are often given less credit than ones that lack content but feature humor.
    But isn't the best kind of humor that which is content-rich and insightful?

Humor devoid of content is slapstick and might elicit a smile or a quick laugh but more often elicits annoyance, at least for me, and I'd think for most people who frequent this particular community.

It is undeniable that human beings appreciate a good sense of humor in others, and I don't think there is anything wrong in that.

But, why are most of us here?

And, I think the broadest most applicable answer is that we are here to learn about life, others and ourselves.

And this learning process is facilitated by, and predicated on *the content of the communication*, no?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I sometimes appreciate posts that are humor-free if the topic is serious, or I'm in the mood to debate, of course. I'm an ENFP (are you an INFP?) and I'm often in the mood for silly or sarcastic instead of constant SRS CAT R SRS. I can get plenty of that heaviness from my school work and the news. I tend to be drawn to the social element of this site as much (sometimes more) than the debates or serious conversations.

Also, I think some of the funniest people on here are also the smartest.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne
    But isn't the best kind of humor that which is content-rich and insightful?
    Humor quality is very subjective. Different strokes for different folks.

Individual interest in particular content is subjective too, but whether your like the person or not, the content is still there whereas the humor is always in the eye of the beholder. ("flying over one's head" "i hate splapstick" "I love sarcasm" "I like pizza" etc)

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    And this learning process is facilitated by, and predicated on *the content of the communication*, no?
    Well, I'm pretty sure the answer is very different depending on whom you ask. I see people being interested both in the message and how it is presented.

But I wouldn't say this community values content more than interaction style when it comes to liking a certain member, no.

Btw, just to clarify, I wasn't being too serious when I used the word "disgusted", previously. But I do weep for people with valuable insight (or experiences) that aren't giving as much credit for lack of "charisma", and that what I was hinting at. I'm not talking about me of course...I'm beyond awesome. But not everyone is like me.

(and yes, I'm a regular Mother Teresa, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade sunrise
    I sometimes appreciate posts that are humor-free if the topic is serious, or I'm in the mood to debate, of course. I'm an ENFP (are you an INFP?) and I'm often in the mood for silly or sarcastic instead of constant SRS CAT R SRS. I can get plenty of that heaviness from my school work and the news. I tend to be drawn to the social element of this site as much (sometimes more) than the debates or serious conversations.

Also, I think some of the funniest people on here are also the smartest.
    I'm an ENFP. I value humor as much as the next guy. Something devoid of humor doesn't register as "heavy" at all though.

Some of the funniest people here might also be the smartest (disregarding for a moment the fact that everyone has their sense of what is funny and what isn't), but that's also a part of it for me : I don't regard funniness or intelligence as the best attributes when it comes to liking someone in here. Whatever floats your boat, of course.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm an ENFP. I value humor as much as the next guy. Something devoid of humor doesn't register as "heavy" at all though.

Some of the funniest people here might also be the smartest (disregarding for a moment the fact that everyone has their sense of what is funny and what isn't), but that's also a part of it for me : I don't regard funniness or intelligence as the best attributes when it comes to liking someone in here. Whatever floats your boat, of course.
    Yeah different strokes for different folks, of course. I was just responding to the extremely strong statement that you were "disgusted" at how many people listed being funny as somethng that mattered.

MBTI
    yupp

they like me and I like them. though sometimes I like them but they don't like me and sometimes they like me and I don't like them. that's how i decide
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Consistency: You say what you mean, and it doesn't change to please your audience.
    Trustworthiness: I trust your motives, the image you portray seems genuine.
    Confidence: You have the guts to say what everyone else is thinking, but do so tactfully.
    Charm: You have life in you and it sparkles throughout your posts.
    Humility: NOT false modesty, but a little is alright if I find you to be truly humble.
    Literacy: Your posts are coherent, intelligent, and show effort.
    This says it all

Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    As long as someone doesn't come off completely arrogant in their posts I normally like them. Also if they take the time to acknowledge me, you get a +10.
    And this...If someone likes me and it not a total ass, then I usually like them back to a degree. It's often that simple
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe