User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 72

  1. #1
    /X\(:: :: )/X\ BlueSprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    571

    Cool Stranded on a Desert Island

    A variation on a classic question: what would happen if groups of the MBTI types were stranded on separate islands?

    What would each society look like? How would they run (or fail to run, as the case may be )? Which would die out first and which would prosper the longest? And would the INTPs invent the coconut phone?
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

    cataplum!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    ENTPs or ESTPs would probably be the first to build a boat and visit the other Islands.
    (removed)

  3. #3
    Head Pigeon Mad Hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    INFPs would get at each others' throats because one INFP will call another INFP cute, a quarrel ensues between these two and factions will form. The one side will claim that "cute" is an term of affection and endearment while the other one will maintain that it's degrading, belittling and (if the INFP that has been called "cute" happened to be female) utterly sexist.

    By the time the ENTP/ESTP boat arrives, there will be no survivors. The last INFP standing will have commited suicide for completely unrelated reasons.

    (If you think I'm stereotyping here, just look at BlueSprout's signature )

    As to the coconut phone: It won't happen. The INTP community will be happy to state that, after a great deal of thinking, it would be "theoretically possible"
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

    -τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

  4. #4
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Hm. Every time I think about a group of people being stranded on a desert island, I get this image in my mind:



    People are very different, even if they identify themselves with the same type. So, I think all of them would still end up with leaders, followers, power struggles, being at each others' throats, some things are positive, some negative, the usual, being human.

  5. #5
    /X\(:: :: )/X\ BlueSprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    The last INFP standing will have commited suicide for completely unrelated reasons.
    Absolutely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    (If you think I'm stereotyping here, just look at BlueSprout's signature )
    Twas ISFP Beavis speaking his FiSe there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    As to the coconut phone: It won't happen. The INTP community will be happy to state that, after a great deal of thinking, it would be "theoretically possible"
    You're right. There's really no hope unless the ISTxs build a raft to the INTP island.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Hm. Every time I think about a group of people being stranded on a desert island, I get this image in my mind:



    People are very different, even if they identify themselves with the same type. So, I think all of them would still end up with leaders, followers, power struggles, being at each others' throats, some things are positive, some negative, the usual, being human.
    All good points, but at the same time I have a hard time imagining an ISFJ Jack or an ENTJ Piggy.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

    cataplum!

  6. #6
    Black Magic Buzzard Kra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    912

    Default

    INTJ:

    "Leave me be while I try and figure out how to get off this rock."
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

  7. #7
    /X\(:: :: )/X\ BlueSprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    INTJ:

    "Leave me be while I try and figure out how to get off this rock."
    A typical INTJ response:

    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

    cataplum!

  8. #8
    Magical BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    On the SFP islands everyone would be too busy having sex to really get anywhere.

    "Whatever, we can live here. It'll be fun and we aren't bound by society anymore!"
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  9. #9
    /X\(:: :: )/X\ BlueSprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    On the SFP islands everyone would be too busy having sex to really get anywhere.

    "Whatever, we can live here. It'll be fun and we aren't bound by society anymore!"
    Absolutely. The population control problems that would occur once the SFPs realized they were free of society's constraints and the ExTPs found a way to island hop. Madness.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

    cataplum!

  10. #10
    Magical BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSprout View Post
    Absolutely. The population control problems that would occur once the SFPs realized they were free of society's constraints and the ExTPs found a way to island hop. Madness.
    Yes I was just going to say that. When the EXTPs found the SFP islands... woo. Would be one weird society.

    Meanwhile the INFJ island would consist of a shamanistic tribe. They would figure out how to turn into fish and swim back to where they came from, or would turn into animals to blend in and never be found.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 10-03-2017, 11:41 AM
  2. Replies: 162
    Last Post: 03-19-2017, 06:13 PM
  3. Types trapped on a desert island
    By iHeartCats in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 09:07 AM
  4. You are stranded on a deserted island
    By ThatGirl in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 05:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO