123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default S to N switching?

Whenever I look at old posts I see people who proclaim to be "S" but then I look at their type and it's "N." I've even heard rumors of someone who joined as a certain S type and a few months into it said they were actually a totally different N type and just playing a part.

I know there is the bias problem and it would be easier to be "N" so you can consider yourself a typology central cool kid. But I'm wondering what other reasons there are for this and how often it's really true that an "S" realizes they are "N" AFTER joining a somewhat biased forum.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I can tell you of the opposite perspective. I've considered that I might be S because of all the bias. You think quickly and like ideas? N! You work hard and like sports? S!

I have a lot of "S" tendencies, but I know that I am an "N". But I can see why the descriptions and biases can make people doubt their type. Same goes for all the letters, I guess too.

Sorry if is isn't a helpful post.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I actually was thinking that I was ESFP because I didn't feel I fit the "N" thing going on here. (before I found my test) So I do get what you are saying.

S is quite sweet if you want to joke around. Instead of being accused of being a troll, people just think you are stupid.

I dont like this, since it gives us S's a bad rep.

There is a lot of Ss who are mistyped as N. That's even more of a problem, since they think they are intelligent as well. So in reality they are both S and stupid and delusional, that's a pretty bad combo.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

I used to think that way too (and maybe still do) but in the end, I'm just doing myself injustice by placing roadblocks on my own road to self discovery. For changing typings, it's up to the individual. If they become the typec cool kid at the expense of lying about being a type they aren't -that takes skills man-) and are happy about it, well, it doesn't affect me in any way so I'm ok with it. It's their loss if that prevents them from finding their true self, not mine. (Maybe a little if I end up thinking that some S driven behaviours are N driven behaviours...)

Most of the impressions I get about someone are from what they post though. I've seen Fs post very well thought replies, I've seen Ts post rather F driven posts. Sometimes I see a person typed T being more emotional than someone typed F, so rather than using the type to predict how someone will reply to a topic, I get that from picking up how they respond in thoughts/feelings from previous posts.

I'm not disregarding that there may be a couple who really are Ns who mistyped themselves. Besides, most people join this forum to aid in finding out who they really are so it's not surprising that someone changes their typing after some really deep and long reflections.
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think with the S and N definition its basically the same thing with dealing with any absolutes with people. People sometimes like to bee seen in an absolute like "he's lovely, he's nice" and sometimes not, like "he doesnt care".

Meaning you may have cared a whole life and in one moment you didnt, one has seen that and called you careless person.

Because the attributes N and S do stand for MANY absolutes, it's ultimately hard to ever distinguish them really good in persons.

If one still wants after knowing that to believe in mbti crap, he will have to create his own definition for it. In that sense a N person is someone for me I can talk to in a lot of metaphors and dont have to explain myself. In the end one can say tho again that this would be possible to do with any person who has a similiar mindset like you and that doesnt necessarily need to be N for it.

You know, I gave up to define N or S, it just doesnt work for me.

I can live with the ttheory that everyone uses both functions to some extent and anything beyond that is the end of all real science for me.

That cat in your signature makes me go crazy lol
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I do beleive that I know who you're talking about...

It was merely an experiment based on the forum composition and prejudices at the time- would it be possible for a very unpopular type on the forum then to get accepted? That and challenging the perceptions of others based on the S/N dichotomy

you really can't trust a bored social psych major...

And then there are some Ns who would really love to be Ss...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah, I know it was you. Bad, bad you.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you could have come out and said it in the OP... I really have nothing to hide
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

When I joined, I did find it puzzling as to why the ratio of S's to N's was quite opposite of what it is outside.

To be honest, I'm envious of those with high and healthy S, particularly Se.
    But ssshhhhh! Don't tell anyone!
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se