21 32.81%
  • No

43 67.19%
12311 Last

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Default !MoDbOx!... Are you F***in' kidding me?? That's a violation isn't it?

I want to poll as many TC members as I can, to see if they want disclosure on the Modbox!

I have received a PM from a higher authority(!!not giving a name, so don't even ask!!)once stating that one of my personal messages/comments would be posted in this secret modbox for all admins to read/see...

I'm probably not the first member to start this type of thread, and I'm sure many more will come in the future...

Isn't PM'ing good enough for discussing forum issues, and problem members?

I vote that we get to see what is in that modbox, and read what the mods "possibly" have said about other members of TC, after all, isn't this place about discovery?... If you ban me, C'est la vie!... Power to the free!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

My suspicion is that if the modbox were made public, the mods would merely end up doing a lot more private messaging.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    My suspicion is that if the modbox were made public, the mods would merely end up doing a lot more private messaging.
    That would be fine with me, it would bring all members closer to being equal.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

To me, the modbox is just another kind of communication where there is an expectation of and a reason for privacy. Just like the members speak in PMs in a way they wouldn't speak in front of the entire forum, the mods speak in the modbox in a way they wouldn't for public consumption. In both cases the freedom to speak without scrutiny is productive, I think...and in the case of the modbox, a necessary function of moderating the forum.

Can you imagine the outcry, drama and embarrassment if the forum membership at large were privy to discussions about bans or infractions that are ultimately decided against? Or privy to the details of personal attacks or spats between members that the mods are trying to adjudicate? Bad news.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    To me, the modbox is just another kind of communication where there is an expectation of and a reason for privacy. Just like the members speak in PMs in a way they wouldn't speak in front of the entire forum, the mods speak in the modbox in a way they wouldn't for public consumption. In both cases the freedom to speak without scrutiny is productive, I think...and in the case of the modbox, a necessary function of moderating the forum.

Can you imagine the outcry, drama and embarrassment if the forum membership at large were privy to discussions about bans or infractions that are ultimately decided against? Or privy to the details of personal attacks or spats between members that the mods are trying to adjudicate? Bad news.
    I value your opinion and I don't expect your vote, but what's a better way of knowing how others have behaved in the past to get a full grasp of what internet psychology is all about...

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Whatever, It's hard to believe that people are so unwilling to stand up to this shit,...

garbage

I have no idea what the modbox is, but it doesn't sound like a big deal at all.

I like how your poll is public, too.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Who cares? I'm assuming this super-secret private message of yours was fodder for modbox discussion. Perhaps this Unnamed Moderator Individual felt it was necessary to bring your PM to the mods for discussion/decision? We're not privy to the message's contents; you know if it was a good candidate for mod discussion.

To moderate a forum, madmins obviously must communicate, sometimes even about forum members. Now, they can do this all in PMs or in a convenient, searchable, organizable modbox. Is there really any big difference to you which method they use, or are you just making an issue because you need to hear your own voice?

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I have no idea what the modbox is, but it doesn't sound like a big deal at all.
    I could speculate that it's some what of a gossip block party in there!

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I like how your poll is public, too.
    The public needs to know,... Truth is power!

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I hope you do realize "ordinary" members are allow to create their own private forum message board.... these are called social groups...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/groups/
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca