First 67891018 Last

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm always in favor of open discussion of everything. I think "privacy" is one of the worst of human inventions.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I KNOW
    Oh I thought you were saying they aren't normally like that! I'm always looking for reasons my husband might not be INFJ. Apparently this isn't one of them.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    wow... you actually CARE?

as I've been told, it's an internet forum, not a democracy... if you don't like it, don't participate

really, I have better things to worry about/be annoyed by than a modbox... if that's your great concern you have a pretty boring life, man
    Well, if you don't want to participate in a collaboration to better the broken social normalcy in a public forum that's fine.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I'm always in favor of open discussion of everything. I think "privacy" is one of the worst of human inventions.
    Awesome. We'll be over to install the webcam in your bedroom later this evening!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Well, if you don't want to participate in a collaboration to better the broken social normalcy in a public forum that's fine.
    Having the capacity for private interactions is one of the few ways social normalcy is maintained in a public forum though, surely?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Awesome. We'll be over to install the webcam in your bedroom later this evening!
    Are you kidding?? He would love that!

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Ya know, lots of functions can serve to be a stabilizing force: For example, do not diminish the power of Ti as an arbiter of fairness, or Te making sure sensible due process is followed, etc. Fe has its strengths but can also make mistakes in either direction.

Lots of stuff comes into play in the group discussions.
    I would like to talk about modbox dynamics though. I think it's very interesting.

The modbox is my favorite part of the forum and I feel most comfortable there. I find the other madmins to be incredibly sensible, fair, and level-headed people.

Jennifer and I have spoken about the Fe/Ti balance in the modbox: we have mostly TP and FJ madmins, (night, Haight, and CzeCze being the exceptions) and how that affects how the forum is run. We have amazing consensus and even when people disagree (which happens!!) it's not at all personal and we just move on and I don't feel like anything festers or lingers it's just over and done with.

Frankly, I have wondered if there were more Fi/Te in the modbox would there be less consensus...IDK.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Are you kidding?? He would love that!
    ....actually, after I posted... I sorta intuited that.
    ("Look ma, no hands!")

Maybe WE'RE the ones who want Jeffster to maintain some privacy!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    hmmm... maybe you'd better take that up with the forum owner...

like I said, it's an internet forum, not a democracy... and it's not publicly owned to my knowlege

and to Elaur... I was just laughing at myself because I hadn't read the type first... then I did and it all made sense
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Hey! Don't tell them that I am sure of my type! It degrades the latest incarnation of my forum presence, PM.