43 67.19%
First 5678917 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I voted "no" because I don't want everyone to know how often the mods talk about how wonderful I am.
    Not just the mods

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

wow... you actually CARE?

as I've been told, it's an internet forum, not a democracy... if you don't like it, don't participate

really, I have better things to worry about/be annoyed by than a modbox... if that's your great concern you have a pretty boring life, man
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

lol, I love it when people go keyboard-Braveheart on privately-owned forums. It's so noble.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

lol... it occurred to me that I was amazed that an INFJ cared about something...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

The only reasons I'd want to look in there are because

1) some of my fav posters are mods and I'm curious to read everything they write and especially how they handle tricky situations.
    2) even though I fully understand and endorse the function they perform, it still looks a bit cliquey from the outside.
    3) it closes off some avenues of forum history to interested researchers.

What I'd really like to see is old, old segments of the modbox disclosed over time, hopefully beyond the point anyone cares anymore. So what's written there this year is made public in three years, or something like that. But that's more for the sake of curiosity than accountability. For accountability I'll trust that Proteanmix (for example) has everyone's back in there with her ferocious Fe.

I can't imagine the mods having the balls for a stunt like that. That's the type that was made fun of as a kid, and now wants power to harass the citizens, like they did not get to do as kids, as the rest of us. So never got to grow out of it.

I've seen it all before. Not going to happen. It's the nature of things.

If so I will be very impressed and will even withdraw my comment. But like the sun, it does not suddenly start to rotate the other way around our planet, so I feel quite safe.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    For accountability I'll trust that Proteanmix (for example) has everyone's back in there with her ferocious Fe.

Ya know, lots of functions can serve to be a stabilizing force: For example, do not diminish the power of Ti as an arbiter of fairness, or Te making sure sensible due process is followed, etc. Fe has its strengths but can also make mistakes in either direction.

Lots of stuff comes into play in the group discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    I can't imagine the mods having the balls for a stunt like that. That's the type that was made fun of as a kid, and now wants power to harass the citizens, like they did not get to do as kids, as the rest of us. So never got to grow out of it.
    Actually, having to wield power is more a headache than not. Every few months, dealing with stuff, I feel like walking away, to be honest. It's kind of hard to always have someone annoyed at some decision that was made, or insinuating we're here for some self-serving reason after we invest in making the best decisions we can.

Sometimes it's not really worth it, except I see that I get to other times do good things for people and they appreciate it.. so I end up feeling I'd be throwing out the baby with the bathwater if I quit.

So... no, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Unless you voted for disclosure, I'll just consider you as a troll. Another example of bad forum etiquette executed by a moderator!
    Yes, we wanted trolls to feel represented on the staff, so we hired Night.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    lol... it occurred to me that I was amazed that an INFJ cared about something...
    Doesn't INFJ care about privacy pretty strongly? Am I wrong, maybe?

"Don't tell my secrets no matter how stupid they are!!!"

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Ya know, lots of functions can serve to be a stabilizing force: For example, do not diminish the power of Ti as an arbiter of fairness, or Te making sure sensible due process is followed, etc. Fe has its strengths but can also make mistakes in either direction.

Lots of stuff comes into play in the group discussions.
    That's exactly the kind of stuff I'd be extremely interested in seeing.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Doesn't INFJ care about privacy pretty strongly? Am I wrong, maybe?

"Don't tell my secrets no matter how stupid they are!!!"
    I KNOW

somehow I wasn't thinking and was seriously wondering about people for not behaving in a T like manner

Then I thought- INFJ... somewhat paranoid and cares about everything, or at least too many things...