21 32.81%
  • No

43 67.19%
First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    It's the basic denial of predetermined rights as an intellectual that has me wanting to mob the mods with pitch forks.
    Yup, I got your point and I agree. Partly because I want to be an intellectual and mostly because you are right.

I have so far been very happy with the mods, cause I got kicked from a lot of forums but here, especially due to the ability for everyone to talk to each other because we have a common topic, I felt the freedom to put off my pants.

That and other cool discussions have lead to me not even noticing that there are mods at all. And I think that's how it should be.

Dunno about the closed box tho yet. On the one hand I can understand the rational need for a mod board on the other hand it is liltle totalitarian things like that that do contradict a very diplomatric forum nature.

I am undecided... I hate it when that happens -.-
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I personally don't care if they have a modbox... everyone gossips
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

It's not really nearly as juicy in the modbox as one might guess it could be.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    - Not everyone needs to know the dirt of all the other members. It's part of protecting the membership's privacy and avoiding publicly humiliating someone.
    So there is in fact some dirt on other members?... How is that exactly beneficial for a dirty member?

I think if a member knows their limitations on the board they would happily oblige to forum etiquette, and in the same vein, I would also expect a moderator to respect forum etiquette as well. Non-moderating members can't gossip in a secret forum, because the mods can read any post they want. I find that invasive, and hypocritical!

Note a mod actually let you know they'd be sharing your message? That was so that a good decision could be made, otherwise we have no information to go on and a wrong decision might be made. Better yet, it's in your words, and not paraphrased. I think that's a positive thing: it was for your benefit; you were informed; and we can ask for clarification if necessary.
    Duly noted, and I would expect the same response from any other moderator. As a member of humanity with rights to free speech, as well as one that is against the possibility of being victimized by libel circumstances, I don't see a problem with wanting to know what the moderators think of other members.

Yup, the modbox is basically the same as the teacher's lounge. We need to share what each of us knows so that we can handle situations more efficiently. If we didn't have a subforum to discuss these issues in, we'd just be doing it elsewhere. Anyone in charge of anything confers privately before making public decisions.

That's about all I have to say about it. Hope that helps.
    There is a difference between the fashion of how an internet forum works, when compared to the corporeal reality of societal life...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    ... If you want a crusade to fight for, get off the internet and look into some real human rights causes. Complaining about those would be far more productive.
    Everyone has to start somewhere.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yup, I got your point and I agree. Partly because I want to be an intellectual and mostly because you are right.

I have so far been very happy with the mods, cause I got kicked from a lot of forums but here, especially due to the ability for everyone to talk to each other because we have a common topic, I felt the freedom to put off my pants.

That and other cool discussions have lead to me not even noticing that there are mods at all. And I think that's how it should be.

Dunno about the closed box tho yet. On the one hand I can understand the rational need for a mod board on the other hand it is liltle totalitarian things like that that do contradict a very diplomatric forum nature.

I am undecided... I hate it when that happens -.-
    I don't have any issues with the Mods themselves, but their authoritative practices are a bit skewed as far as I'm concerned!

Enneagram
    1w2

Uh, what is this fool talking about?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I have received a PM from a higher authority(!!not giving a name, so don't even ask!!)once stating that one of my personal messages/comments would be posted in this secret modbox for all admins to read/see...
    I don't necessarily agree with quoting private messages there (it depends on the content of the message, though), but I do see the point of having more private area for them. So, my vote is no.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Who cares?

It's Prototype.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I don't have any issues with the Mods themselves, but their authoritative practices are a bit skewed as far as I'm concerned!
    You made me curious now if they use the nude pictures I sent them of me once as a dart board now
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]