43 67.19%
First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Can I be a problem member too ? *big eyes*
    That depends on which side your vote is for!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

The closest I have ever got to a mod-only section of a forum is a screenshot.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    possibly and maybe even probably. who cares? you think type c admins are somehow magically superior in thought and deed, like one would expect of a supreme court justice? get over it, my friend. human nature exerts her force everywhere, even in type c modboxes, i daresay.
    Justice on an internet forum?... lmao...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I just got the order in the modbox by someone, lets call him Rüdiger to take the forum member Prototype out for a long walk in the desterted outskirts. Rüdiger also gave me a pair of steel gloves and ordered me to conjure a smile on Prototypes face .

--------------

No in all honesty, I can understand your arguement for its really not very fair, if there are closed forum sections. But I dont feel it really threatening, cause I am naive like that to say typeC mods dont really want to kill me and plot against me in the modbox.

If you would open up the modbox, you'ld have to open up other private groups too and tho everyone should be able to read what other say, it's democratic too to be allowed to have your own opinion, you just sometimes cant say it out loud cause it would piss people off. So even if you open up the modbox and read their diary it wouldnt prevent them from thinking bad things about you in private now because thoughts are always free.

Nevertheless I think your request should be respected and maybe you can ask the mods politely to give you a peak in the modbox, I dont think they will deny you that.

One thing is for sure tho, if there are really nasty things in the modbox ( what I dont believe ) by the time you will have the right to see them, they will most prolly be deleted .

Nevertheless I like your basic thought about it and with all good democratic systems I too think the leaders life should always be transparent for the people they lead. It's just on typeC I dont see the mods as leaders, cause they dont influence people with their opinion. They have set out rules for their forum from the start and now concentrate on watching these and that maybe sometimes be influenced by personal feelings aswell.

But I havent met a mod so far that wasnt reasonable and I think you really have to try hard before they kick you from the forum. That said, I dont think they write nasty things in the modbox.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

In pretty much any place of business, management has private meetings to discuss important issues, plan projects, etc.

Soooo... modbox = meeting room for mods

I think it's necessary! I'm pretty sure every forum I've ever been a part of has had some kind of private admin area. No big deal.

MBTI
    ENTP

This isn't even a big enough deal to care one way or the other.

The worst thing that could happen is that a bunch of mods talk shit about you in private. The best thing that could happen is that a bunch of mods talk shit about you in public.

Either way, I don't see a reason to care.

Part of me wants to believe that this was just a moderately well executed troll.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Wait, there really is a modbox?
    I thought I just made that up one day when I was being silly.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

I just got the order in the modbox by someone, lets call him Rüdiger to take the forum member Prototype out for a long walk in the desterted outskirts. Rüdiger also gave me a pair of steel gloves and ordered me to conjure a smile on Prototypes face .
    Quite the deterrent!..lol...

No in all honesty, I can understand your arguement for its really not very fair, if there are closed forum sections. But I dont feel it really threatening, cause I am naive like that to say typeC mods dont really want to kill me and plot against me in the modbox.
    Hmm,..

If you would open up the modbox, you'ld have to open up other private groups too and tho everyone should be able to read what other say, it's democratic too to be allowed to have your own opinion, you just sometimes cant say it out loud cause it would piss people off. So even if you open up the modbox and read their diary it wouldnt prevent them from thinking bad things about you in private now because thoughts are always free.
    It would however create the awareness needed to subtly convince members to think before they post, and would definitely allow members to have a good view of the madmins philosophical structure that is behind their concept of forum moderation standards...

Nevertheless I think your request should be respected and maybe you can ask the mods politely to give you a peak in the modbox, I dont think they will deny you that.

One thing is for sure tho, if there are really nasty things in the modbox ( what I dont believe ) by the time you will have the right to see them, they will most prolly be deleted .

Nevertheless I like your basic thought about it and with all good democratic systems I too think the leaders life should always be transparent for the people they lead. It's just on typeC I dont see the mods as leaders, cause they dont influence people with their opinion. They have set out rules for their forum from the start and now concentrate on watching these and that maybe sometimes be influenced by personal feelings aswell.

But I havent met a mod so far that wasnt reasonable and I think you really have to try hard before they kick you from the forum. That said, I dont think they write nasty things in the modbox.
    It's the basic denial of predetermined rights as an intellectual that has me wanting to mob the mods with pitch forks.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You might have your panties in a bunch about the mods talking about your posts, but it doesn't mean the rest of us care in the slightest. Nice try at starting the rioting though.

If you want a crusade to fight for, get off the internet and look into some real human rights causes. Complaining about those would be far more productive.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    So people's real, personal issues and discussion of possible infractions (even those that are ultimately voted against) are to be outed as hypotheticals for your enrichment? Pardon my strong wording, but that's ludicrous. The right to privacy here far outweighs the membership's right to gossip. Nobody gets to hear what goes on in a jury room, even the defendant.
    Pretty much this.

- Not everyone needs to know the dirt of all the other members. It's part of protecting the membership's privacy and avoiding publicly humiliating someone.

- Note a mod actually let you know they'd be sharing your message? That was so that a good decision could be made, otherwise we have no information to go on and a wrong decision might be made. Better yet, it's in your words, and not paraphrased. I think that's a positive thing: it was for your benefit; you were informed; and we can ask for clarification if necessary.

Further, I don't understand your objection to the modbox and your simultaneous approval of mods communicating via PM. What's the difference? Either way, the mods will be talking in private about forum moderation issues.
    - Yup, the modbox is basically the same as the teacher's lounge. We need to share what each of us knows so that we can handle situations more efficiently. If we didn't have a subforum to discuss these issues in, we'd just be doing it elsewhere. Anyone in charge of anything confers privately before making public decisions.

That's about all I have to say about it. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    It's the basic denial of predetermined rights as an intellectual that has me wanting to mob the mods with pitch forks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft