View Poll Results: Disclosure?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 32.81%
  • No

43 67.19%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: !MoDbOx!... Are you F***in' kidding me?? That's a violation isn't it?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

If your message is being posted in the modbox, it was probably reported by the person who received it for being offensive in some way.

A modbox posting is the most efficient way for the madmins to see and discuss the issue in order to make a decision about it. I don't see the problem.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Courage is immortality Array Valiant's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

*Votes no for reasons obvious*

Also, it' is probably a lot more boring than you would think.
    There are no secret "Illuminati" meetings where Ivy dons a strange robe and staff and Haight sacrifices a goat.
    ...Or at least we think that's the case?

Nah, seriously. I'm surprised you found out about your message being published in the modbox,
    since it is not a publicly owned domain and your rights aren't as many.
    Shouldn't be as many, at the very least.
    If it was reported, I think it's obvious that the mods should see it.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

12 and a half weeks Array BerberElla's Avatar
    MBTI
    infp

I voted no, I run a forum that has a modbox, and frankly even if there was a unanimous vote to reveal it's contents to the public, I still wouldn't since it's a privately owned forum, and if the members don't like it they can piss off and start their own forum.

The modbox is for the mods and admins to discuss all the things necessary to running the forum, and if a reported pm is one of those issues, tough.

It's like someone finding out I carry a picture of them in my panties, and then demanding I show them the entire contents of my panties, just not gonna happen.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

I dont understand what this is but from the sounds like you are doing something which deserves mod attention and I'm sure they have their reasons, I never understand this rebel yell BS its like lets all do some shit which will get us closed down.

Learn to control your shit.

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    I could speculate that it's some what of a gossip block party in there!
    possibly and maybe even probably. who cares? you think type c admins are somehow magically superior in thought and deed, like one would expect of a supreme court justice? get over it, my friend. human nature exerts her force everywhere, even in type c modboxes, i daresay.

The public needs to know,... Truth is power!
    what truth? whining about members and gossiping about said members in the modbox?

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Prototype show me where that bad mod touched you.

Do you have a rash on your naughty parts?

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    A modbox posting is the most efficient way for the madmins to see and discuss the issue in order to make a decision about it. I don't see the problem.
    Of course you don't, the trees are blocking your vison.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Of course you don't, the trees are blocking your vison.
    Whatever you wanna call it. I disagree with you and you are SOL anyway so whining is just kinda lame.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Can I be a problem member too ? *big eyes*
    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    It's like someone finding out I carry a picture of them in my panties, and then demanding I show them the entire contents of my panties, just not gonna happen.
    Other than the fact that your comment is out of context, that statement would lead one wonder what you were doing with their picture in your underwear... I think one, or many would object to that sort of perversity.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Whatever you wanna call it. I disagree with you and you are SOL anyway so whining is just kinda lame.
    I'm not whining, I proposed a vote to stop secrecy, gossip, and prejudice...