21 32.81%
  • No

43 67.19%
First 123412 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Go crusade somewhere else.

If the mods are deciding something against me, I don't want the whole effin' world to know about it. There's no reason to air out dirty laundry infront of everyone.

Edit: There's no difference between talking in PM or in a private section. The private section just happens to be faster and probably more convenient for the mods.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Who cares? I'm assuming this super-secret private message of yours was fodder for modbox discussion. Perhaps this Unnamed Moderator Individual felt it was necessary to bring your PM to the mods for discussion/decision? We're not privy to the message's contents; you know if it was a good candidate for mod discussion.
    If they had a problem with me I'm sure they would have banished me by now...

To moderate a forum, madmins obviously must communicate, sometimes even about forum members.
    Can I start a private thread to complain, and gossip about the madmins?

Now, they can do this all in PMs or in a convenient, searchable, organizable modbox. Is there really any big difference to you which method they use, or are you just making an issue because you need to hear your own voice?
    You know, if you don't really care much for what I have to say, then you can continue being played with in their game...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Go crusade somewhere else.
    What are you afraid of?

If the mods are deciding something against me, I don't want the whole effin' world to know about it. There's no reason to air out dirty laundry in front of everyone.
    Of course there is, it would provide closure,...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Eyes Wide Shut

I think there should be an option in the poll to force all of the mods to be nude party hat wearing vegans too.

Seriously I am open to public disclosures of public official's meeting in democracies; such as in California's Brown Act. But this place is not a democracy; we are here at both the pleasure of the owners of this forum as well as our own free will. Its like being invited to dinner and then furiously smashing the owners house phone because it doesn't have a speaker phone feature.

This being the case I don't see the mod box star chambers so repugnant that I choose to stop coming here although public comment on significant policy changes is appreciated.

P.S. I hear they also perform witchcraft, animal sacrifice and all sorts of naughty rituals when they scourge through their box...just as well that I canít see those types of abhorations while it happens
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Prototype show me where that bad mod touched you.

Do you have a rash on your naughty parts?
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

I don't want the whole effin' world to know about it.
    too late. sorry charlie.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post

Seriously I am open to public disclosures of public official's meeting in democracies... But this place is not a democracy; we are here at both the pleasure of the owners of this forum as well as our own free will.
    I agree. But, wouldn't the pleasure of it all be better for the members if they had the chance to discuss whether or not a member is brink of banishment along side the mods? There are many here that would oppose to unjustified bans. I have read posts written by some banned members, and generally speaking, they don't really seem like bad people, just victims of bias.

Its like being invited to dinner and then furiously smashing the owners house phone because it doesn't have a speaker phone feature.
    What phone doesn't have that kind of feature by our modern day standards?...

This being the case I don't see the mod box star chambers so repugnant that I choose to stop coming here although public comment on significant policy changes is appreciated.
    Polling for member opinions about these issues would make for a more collaborative, and productive community.

P.S. I hear they also perform witchcraft, animal sacrifice and all sorts of naughty rituals when they scourge through their box...
    Sounds just like Bohemian Grove.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Prototype show me where that bad mod touched you...
    So, I have your vote?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    To me, the modbox is just another kind of communication where there is an expectation of and a reason for privacy. Just like the members speak in PMs in a way they wouldn't speak in front of the entire forum, the mods speak in the modbox in a way they wouldn't for public consumption. In both cases the freedom to speak without scrutiny is productive, I think...and in the case of the modbox, a necessary function of moderating the forum.

Can you imagine the outcry, drama and embarrassment if the forum membership at large were privy to discussions about bans or infractions that are ultimately decided against? Or privy to the details of personal attacks or spats between members that the mods are trying to adjudicate? Bad news.
    I agree.

I think that certain modes of communication can be much better than some depending on the situation. With regards to rights, your rights end when other's begin. That itself is already pretty subjective and I think (meaning I do not expect everyone to agree with me) that the rights of the mods wanting privacy in their discussion has more weight than the rights of having everyone know what's happening. It's like forcing an introvert (maybe extroverts) to speak up when he/she doesn't want to and he/she will most likely not reveal everything anyway.

I do have a suggestion but I neither support nor disapprove of it and I do not know if it's a good idea anyway. How about allowing the person/people in question be able to see what the mods are discussing?
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    I value your opinion and I don't expect your vote, but what's a better way of knowing how others have behaved in the past to get a full grasp of what internet psychology is all about...
    So people's real, personal issues and discussion of possible infractions (even those that are ultimately voted against) are to be outed as hypotheticals for your enrichment? Pardon my strong wording, but that's ludicrous. The right to privacy here far outweighs the membership's right to gossip. Nobody gets to hear what goes on in a jury room, even the defendant.

Further, I don't understand your objection to the modbox and your simultaneous approval of mods communicating via PM. What's the difference? Either way, the mods will be talking in private about forum moderation issues.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari