• No

43 67.19%
First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    After everything this past year it takes only smallest thing to set me off. If there is something that is not quite right I am naturally going to suspect foul play even if you didn't do anything.
    Disclosure??
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Is it now?... Flawed due to administrative standards that apply to the fundamental use of conspiracy? ... Or is it coincidental that Flak got booted for a having similar views on forum moderation practices?
    Flak got booted because he had a melt down. He let his emotions get the better of him and he flipped out, breaking numerous rules. Consider it to be the equivalent of suicide by cop.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

72% against 28%. When do you close the poll?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

I'm not whining, I proposed a vote to stop secrecy, gossip, and prejudice...
    The only thing you can tell is that it's secret. Whether it's gossip and prejudice you cannot tell - cuz it's secret.

Plus what spamtar said. It's a private forum and before you joined you had to accept the forum rules.

I choose not to vote because I intensely do not care.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

I'm not whining, I proposed a vote to stop secrecy, gossip, and prejudice...
    Why do I have this strange feeling that you're actually trolling and/or attention seeking after reading this?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I want to poll as many TC members as I can, to see if they want disclosure on the Modbox Fraud Box!
    I setup a new box to discuss the PM you were [allegedly] sent.

Please forward it to the Fraud Box for review whenever you create find it.

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Then at least the playing field would be equal if it's true that mods can't read other members PM's at their own discreation... If they can read others PM's, the modbox should be made public, and PM's should be disabled.
    What. Does. This. Even. Mean?

How is this a response to what I said?

Walk me through your "argument":

You said:
    I have received a PM from a higher authority(!!not giving a name, so don't even ask!!)once stating that one of my personal messages/comments would be posted in this secret modbox for all admins to read/see...
    A PM of yours that you sent to either that "HIGHER AUTHORITY" or one of the mods/admins.....is going to be put in the modbox.

If it's a mod issue, yeah, it will be.

But, you don't like that....because....you want:
    I vote that we get to see what is in that modbox, and read what the mods "possibly" have said about other members of TC, after all, isn't this place about discovery?...
    So you basically want to know what is being talked about you, and proposing that others vote to see what the mods say about them.

YET! Your solution, and this is the important part, is:
    Isn't PM'ing good enough for discussing forum issues, and problem members?
    And, I brought up that this alternate you suggested, PM versus Modbox, will basically be the same thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    PMs can be sent to multiple receipients, so if you are saying that PM is good enough, then, it'll have the same function as the modbox. That person will send your message through PM to ALL the mods, for all of them to see. Just like the same would be achieved if they did it via Modbox.
    So:
    I don't understand your complaint.

How is this V response of yours relevant to what I said? What are you even trying to say here?

Then at least the playing field would be equal if it's true that mods can't read other members PM's at their own discreation... If they can read others PM's, the modbox should be made public, and PM's should be disabled.

I think you're having a meltdown in rationalization and logic.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Mods can't read PMs. I asked Haight that specifically. He said it would require a hack on vBulletin.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Mods can't read PMs. I asked Haight that specifically. He said it would require a hack on vBulletin.
    Which is true.

I think, though, he means us reading PMs because someone posted a PM in the modbox.

The deal, really:
    - No posting of other people's PMs in public forum without permission.
    - Mod staff needs to share information in order to monitor activity and make the environment safe/constructive.

Public forum and modbox aren't the same things, nor serve the same purpose.

There's not really an issue here.

But people (including some of us staff! ) seem to need something to do today.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I have administered a forum other than this that used vBulletin.

BlackCat's statement is correct according to my prior experiences.

I have not heard of any administrator having such capabilities in the vBulletin environment.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro