User Tag List

123 Last

Default What is your reoccuring dream?

I don't remember my dreams so much any more, but when I was younger, I often had reoccuring dreams that I am living under a totalitarian government. I find out about a nefarious plot to wipe out a segment of society or abuse them in some way, I have to convince my peers of the danger, I create a resistance and lead them to a guerilla style victory and claim our freedom.

My dreams always had a 1984, Matrix or The Island theme to them. And they were always very clear and very real. Basic plot: I suppose this sort of dream might be typical for an ENTJ (even though sort of strange for a girl).

So I'm curious, what kind of reoccuring dreams do other types typically have?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Well, my dreams usually involve me having to save someone, but I already know how I'm to do it because it always feels like a de-ja-vu, like I've had the dream before and saw what it takes to complete the situation. Its always very gory and very realistic.

Like, for some bizarre reason when I dream of my sisters trying to commit suicide, its always them trying to drown themselves. I try to save them but my parents always tell me to just let them do what they want, its their life.

Or for some time I'd have dreams about how I needed to be somewhere or I needed to get out of harms way, but I was too busy getting ready that I completely missed the event or I ended up being devoured by whatever harm was to come (usually tornadoes).

But the dreams I have most often are ones that deal with the end times and how people must/will die when it happens. I remember one had this prophecy that when the great dragon came from the sky, it was the end and this great dragon would devour everyone. Other variations too. But I remember too many of my dreams to write them all down.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

a lot of my dreams involve me losing someone and then i spend the rest of the dream looking for them. i don't know what it means!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I have a reoccuring nightmare that involves an alluring Antichrist wearing a purple tie, a volcano in the distance, a luau, and being chased with a knife. What does that say about ENTPs, now?

I've actually always kind of wondered if certain types are more likely to dream and/or have really intense dreams (or remember their dreams, that is...).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    I create a resistance and lead them to a guerilla style victory and claim our freedom.
    sounds entj.

can't really remember any reoccurring dreams atm. I write them down if I like them enough, after writing them down once I rarely have to look back at the paper again though, I remember them for good. Wish this worked the same way for class notes and things.

I can tell you it generally doesn't involve a certain theme or event though, mainly just going back to the same places and feeling like I was already there.

I never have any epic dreams. Most of the time when people say they have these off the wall epic dreams I dismiss them as lies.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I think a lot of my unused "contingency plans" wind up as dreams. I might dream of the day I had before going to bed, only it will turn out completely differently, or I'll live out one of the possible scenarios I've considered for something that hasn't happened yet. Sometimes they're useful and sometimes they're just completely nonsensical and confusing (there are a good few moments after I wake up when I wonder which scenario actually did happen), but they're always different.

When I'm stressed, I do tend to get exam nightmares about sitting evaluations for classes I've never taken, or waking up late for exams only to wake up again after I've freaked out in the dream. Sometimes I'll get the dreams after I've already written the tests... the dream tests generally tend to be harder than the real ones, though, regardless of whether I get them before or after the actual exam.

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I have a reoccuring nightmare that involves an alluring Antichrist wearing a purple tie, a volcano in the distance, a luau, and being chased with a knife. What does that say about ENTPs, now?

I've actually always kind of wondered if certain types are more likely to dream and/or have really intense dreams (or remember their dreams, that is...).

I can't tell you how entertained I was after reading it! I can actually envision it! Eric Bana in a black suit and purple tie with girls in grass skirts and a smoking pig in a pit . . . TOTALLY ENTP!!! It defies interpretation! Is David Lynch an ENTP?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

My most common dream:

Astronauts, stages, space, roads, trains, and lots of clear water.

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Well, my dreams usually involve me having to save someone, but I already know how I'm to do it because it always feels like a de-ja-vu, like I've had the dream before and saw what it takes to complete the situation. Its always very gory and very realistic.

Like, for some bizarre reason when I dream of my sisters trying to commit suicide, its always them trying to drown themselves. I try to save them but my parents always tell me to just let them do what they want, its their life.

Or for some time I'd have dreams about how I needed to be somewhere or I needed to get out of harms way, but I was too busy getting ready that I completely missed the event or I ended up being devoured by whatever harm was to come (usually tornadoes).

But the dreams I have most often are ones that deal with the end times and how people must/will die when it happens. I remember one had this prophecy that when the great dragon came from the sky, it was the end and this great dragon would devour everyone. Other variations too. But I remember too many of my dreams to write them all down.

I think this is interesting because it points to an underlying sense of helplessness in your personal relationships. Maybe you see your family doing things that are self-harming and you worry that they are not taking responsibilty for things in their lives that bring them pain. You want to help the people you love but are frustrated by your inability to make a difference?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ISFJ

My dreams usually involve me losing control in some way.

Some of my recurring dreams:
    -falling off a high building
    -falling off a rollercoaster
    -losing control of my car