User Tag List

123 Last

Ginkgo

Question What's Your Greatest Fear?

What's your greatest fear and why?

Mine is probably being lonely. They say introverts can endure prolonged isolation, but it drives me insane. Eventually I start creating alter-egos in my head who I converse with for my own amusement.

Wow, I sound batshit crazy.
    Last edited by Ginkgo; 01-20-2010 at 05:27 PM.

MBTI
    ISTP

I do not know what I or others fear, because it is only through not knowing that fear exists. Since the unknown should not be feared, fear itself is the only thing to fear.

For the longest time, I felt afraid of others' fear and what they might do because of it. Then I realized others would always be afraid, and that I had been infected by this contagious feeling. There are still times I feel afraid, but I never let it take control of me because it would spread to myself and others. Afterwards, I confront the fear to master it... I am confident that one day I will be entirely fearless!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Maybe being very sick or terminally ill and bankrupt at the same time? Guess it is about losing independence.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    What's your greatest fear and why?

Mine is probably being lonely. They say introverts can endure prolonged isolation, but it drives me insane. Eventually I start creating alter-egos in my head who I converse with for my own amusement.

Wow, I sound batshit crazy.
    No, you sound sane and healthy.

My greatest fear is value. (I forgot the part of why - felt it's kinda self-explanatory. If you don't understand why... I wouldn't be able to explain either)

I'll do a quick try on Why:
    If you value something; then you would/n't like to X with X and you might loose/gain X, and if you do, you have reaction Z which usually is of value Y. So on, so forth.
    If you don't value; there is no reaction and thus no fear.

I'm not saying it's bad, wrong, incorrect to value concepts. From a society's point of view, it tends to be positive to value concepts.
    Last edited by Serendipity; 01-22-2010 at 12:33 AM.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

The typical 'death'.

It means I will never be able to satisfy my curiousity. I'm curious about what the next day brings, what happens to characters in stories I read and is still ongoing, what will happen to the world in a million year's time (lol), etc. Just that feeling of emptiness and knowing that one day you'll just stop existing, unable to know what the future has in store for you.
    Kinda like how you are engrossed in watching a show, where you might be able to predict what's going to happen next but yet you do not want stop watching it or being interupted. And how much I hate the line 'to be continued...' (Well, only that when you die, there's no 'to be continued...', you expired before being able to see the non-existent ending) It forcefully rips you away from an ongoing stream of events, not far from what life has to offer you. When I die, life goes on, I'll most probably miss out on stuff I know I'm going to enjoy.
    Not being able to experience anything, even bad or horrible ones, might be worse than being able to.
    There are many things I'm afraid of, but I think death is something so scary that I still do not really want to explore the full implications of what that means. But then again, I would already be dead and no longer exist to feel scared about it, so, o_O. Why should I bother?

And then I contradict myself by by having suicidal thoughts at times.

(Am I making any sense at all?)
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

ENTJs.

Because ENTJs are superhuman and God.
    One ENTJ is enough to crush an entire city to pieces.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTP

Drowning. and becoming enveloped by the unforgiving water. When I was three, I refused to be baptized because of it. The summer after my first year at college, I went on my first whitewater rafting trip. On the last big rapid, I was bumped out by the water. I tried to hold on to a few rocks, but I lost my grip and was taken downriver by the water. Lying faced-down in the river, I was sucked under multiple rocks while flailing in the water. The whole time I kept thinking, "This is a shitty way to die, man." (Now I wear a lifejacket, even in the shower. jk) Irrational fears suck.
    Oh.
    And to any individual who claims to be fearless: don't.
    Instead, claim to be all that you can: see where it gets you.

MBTI
    ENTP

did we not just do this one?

Insanity/altzheimers (?sp).... my grandparents got senile in their old age, I was young, it affected my dad quite deeply, and it was just sad.... so yes loss of marbles

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Rape. Drowning. Madness. Demonic Possession. Vampires. The Devil. Stuff like that, dont like the whole victim or perpetrator of evil thing.

MBTI
    ENTP

rape and rats would be high up