User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the dominance issue is NOTHING here compared to when we had the rep system in the old days... it was scary then

now there, some posters who are more of postwhores than others, but they don't quite wield the control that people used to

*now feels old*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

What is the rep thing, anyways?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

was... and you probably don't want to ask me because I thought it was a horrible idea... just fish through the old threads in the feedback area and you'll get way more explanation than you ever wanted
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    This is true. Yeah, ajblaise gets a vote too.
    Ahhh.. I'm growing too.. powerful.

*starts banning members*

Thumbs down The Mongoose and the Snake

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I really can't make myself rate members here based on dominance. There are members I respect. Does that count? In that case Jennifer has my vote.
    At more than seventeen thousand posts Jennifer is the Prime Minister of MBTI.

While by temperament and a modest four thousand posts Victor is the leader of the opposition.

And of course the purpose of the government and the loyal opposition is the limitation of power.

And so we can expect the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition to be as friendly as a snake and a mongoose.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    She is working for a secret cult of demonic alien bunnies that intends to overthrow the moderators (Illuminati) and their demi-god boss, Clayton Smith, also known as "Haight".
    I KNEW it! I never got the PM spam about it so I wasn't sure.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Hey! That means I'm dominant!

You iNtuitors thought you were safe on teh interwebs... but NEVER AGAIN! THE ESTJS HAVE TAKEN OVER ONCE MORE!!!!!!! muahaha
    Meh, it's not like I listen to you guys out there much. Why should here be any different? That said I don't mind it being you...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    My use of dominant means to have a lot of influence on what goes on in the forum. Even if they're wrong, people respect and maybe fear them. THAT is what I was going by.
    You control this thread, so you can control who's seen as dominant or not.

So you're the most dominant member here.

Congratulations!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Dominance? Dominance!? My reign is supreme! Mwahahaha.

*sits on his throne*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You are a master genius when it comes to analyzing people, it's a wonder you have no statue already
    Hmmm... statues...

*starts having wild crazy ideas*

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    For some people there are cliques and dominant members here. They're called NF's and NT's. What comes to controlling others, I think this place has so much diversity that any attempts to "control" are simply laughed at. Moderators and administrators aside, it's their job to control things around here.
    All true.

There are people who do surface as dominant in particular types of threads, but overall few seem to infiltrate all of the forum.

And it's our job to moderate, so we have automatic influence via that.. but that is not what is being discussed....

There are certainly members whose presence or the lack of it is noticeable because either their opinions are held to great esteem or they're "universally" loved for whatever reasons. So, they can be regarded as being "dominant" because they have a certain amount of respect. But my guess is that it's something that has never been intentionally sought after by them and thus, they wouldn't abuse their "power". And if they did try to do something with it, again, I think the forum would laugh.
    That's how I tend to see it too. But isn't that what is being asked? People don't have to wield the power to have an influence on how things go and to tacitly impact how people behave. I think all forums have some folks who happen to set tone and direction for the bulk of the forum just by how they handle themselves and set examples.

And not always positive. I mean, all I have to do is say the name "Jack Flak" and that might trigger a wide range of responses, might it not? There's a case of a member having power, whether he meant to wield it or not, and whether it was positive or negative. When his tenure here ended, it resulted in pretty much one of the longest threads here, and some pretty heated exchanges, and it dominated the forum for at least a few days.

That's power.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft