User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Aw It's okay. You can be my second in command.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTP

I don't think it's possible to determine a trait like dominance based on forum behavior because there is nothing here for someone to take that they could not get more easily offline. The only advantage of this environment is that it is a more efficient form of communication. When it comes to information exchange, being dominant is not the most beneficial approach and so not a trait a person experienced in dominance would use here.

In simpler terms, people acting dominant online don't know what they're doing so the behavior is not a terribly important factor to consider.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Hmm...
    I think this forum doesn't have dominance issues because its entire purpose is to fully encompass different variations of people and it's far more playful here.
    If you throw a group of people in a forum and its basis isn't to specify the similarities and differences in personality type then it's less likely to be understood/more likely for hoards to start forming.
    Consider this place:
    16 personality types.
    Healthy/Middle-ground/Unhealthy traits.
    Tack on 9 enneagram types (18 variations if you're rolling with wings).
    Then throw in subtypes just for fun.
    While you're at it, socionics, because we're not all tipping the scales enough already.

We're all far too busy trying to wrap our minds around all of that about ourselves and, potentially, any other member who crosses our path. Where do you find the time to have a dominance war?
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Hmm...
    I think this forum doesn't have dominance issues because its entire purpose is to fully encompass different variations of people and it's far more playful here.
    Yes, I was going to say that... The theory is basically meant to help people get along. So, it wouldn't be of much use if the people interested in it couldn't get along...

I really can't make myself rate members here based on dominance. There are members I respect. Does that count? In that case Jennifer has my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Meanwhile, ajblaise is a dominant member. He tells jokes people actually laugh at AND he can place a solid argument in his posts when he needs to.
    This is true. Yeah, ajblaise gets a vote too.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I've done a few polls on forum power structures.. from the top of my head, they indicate
    -INTP being the most active power-members
    -INTP and INTJ getting most benefit from being in the forum
    -ESTP and ENTJ getting the least benefit from being in the forum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I am the Alpha and the Omega...of TypoC.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Thumbs down Who is the most deferential?

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Hmm...
    If you throw a group of people in a forum and its basis isn't to specify the similarities and differences in personality type then it's less likely to be understood/more likely for hoards to start forming.
    Consider this place:
    16 personality types.
    Healthy/Middle-ground/Unhealthy traits.
    Tack on 9 enneagram types (18 variations if you're rolling with wings).
    Then throw in subtypes just for fun.
    While you're at it, socionics, because we're not all tipping the scales enough already.

We're all far too busy trying to wrap our minds around all of that about ourselves and, potentially, any other member who crosses our path. Where do you find the time to have a dominance war?
    We have the government of MBTI and the loyal opposition.

And the loyal opposition opposes MBTI root and branch.

And it is interesting to note that it is not only the loyal opposition but the royal opposition that opposes the republican MBTI.

And just as we have the government and the loyal opposition, we have dominance and deference.

For there can be no dominance without deference, and no deference without dominance. They are two sides of the same coin.

And the name of the coin is liberal democracy.

And the purpose of liberal democracy is the limitation of power.

So just as the loyal opposition limits the power of the government, so deference limits the power of domination, and dominance limits deference.

And it is interesting that the opposite of liberal democracy and the limitation of power is schismogenesis. It sounds pathological and it is for it leads to the pursuit of absolute power and war. And as we all know, power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

So although you may not like us, you need the royal loyal opposition and deference to limit the domination of power.

But frankly I would prefer you to ask me - who is the most loyal and the most deferential? - who is the most courtly and aristocratic?

Whoever has the most friends and has the most view blogs.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    As I was reading the thread about INTPc, I heard a lot of talk about dominant members at that forum. It made me wonder if TypeC had dominant members that I simply wasn't aware of? So what's your take on it? Does TypeC have influential/dominant members or not?
    It's interesting that you have a need to label members with a hierarchy of what the "special" ones are. This isn't the first "who are the ___ members" thread you have started. Maybe there is another reason behind it?

Why do you think that is?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    It's interesting that you have a need to label members with a hierarchy of what the "special" ones are. This isn't the first "who are the ___ members" thread you have started. Maybe there is another reason behind it?

Why do you think that is?
    She is working for a secret cult of demonic alien bunnies that intends to overthrow the moderators (Illuminati) and their demi-god boss, Clayton Smith, also known as "Haight".

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come